Jeff's MSP GTR Build

finished tacking the downpipe together. im pretty happy with how it turned out. It should be very interesting to see the T25 with the individual runner exhaust manifold and this 3" DP. I cant imagine backpressure will be an issue.

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

As you can see it clears everything nicely. Dont mind the oil/carbon soaked engine bay, I will clean it when she is together lol

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

Last edited:
turbo clocked, proper couplers etc.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

makes me laugh when i look at the old fmic setup on my 1st fsdet.

thanks. didnt manage to get it together yet, its like 95% done lol stupid work keeps pwning me.

Yea my FMIC setup is completely retarded. I just need to ditch it and buy a turbolife / perrin or maybe one of these replica kits that fatti is producing. If it does happen.

update: Installed everything, Tried to make Saab oil feed line work. Ended up cracking the hardline accidentally while bending into place (route changed a bit once i clocked the turbo, I had already bent it once to shape fine, but once I tried the second time it developed a small crack = garbage:( ). Ordered a brand spanking new oil line 3AN with proper AN fittings for block and Saab turbo. Waited forever for parts to arrive. When it got here I found out the fun way that m11x1.0 feed line doesnt fit saab turbo oil inlet and m11 "eye" bolt" hole is too small to fit the stock oil in hole. So now I either have to drill out this "eye bolt" hole to fit stock Saab bolt, or order another AN fitting piece and wait again for it to arrive.

Otherwise everything turbo related fits nicely. If I get a chance I will just drill out the piece for the oil feed and install the turbo kit but free time has been sparse lately.

on the plus side I have been driving the car daily and have put well over 25,000KM on the car with the BP drivetrain. Im just now coming into issues as I am working on perfecting cold start values as it gets closer to freezing every day so I have never had a chance to tune cold start for these temps.

Last edited:
Launch Control....check

flameNov.jpg

flameNov2.jpg

Thinking of adding a plate to shield the rear bumper.

Last edited:
Freakin awesome writeup man. Definitely got some hardcore labor in her. Cant wait to see vids of it with the t25. Question though, why didnt you just build up a forged fsde engine?

well id say stock bp > stock FS if they both had a great turbo setup. 300+whp has been done by people on stock internal bp motors, 278whp is the highest I think a stock internals FSDE has ever produced. The lack of low end torque is definitely noticed with the 1.8l which is a downside for DD. but once you get into built motors it more about how much money you have to throw at it from what I have seen.

but what sealed the deal for me was the adaptor plate that came out that mates the BP to the toyota trans. I could never afford to build a FS trans and a E153 with a good LSD I hope will last under daily abuse. mr2/celica guys love em. i have heard there is a plate for FE3 to E153, and I have also heard that FE3, F2T and FSDE also share the same trans bolt pattern so maybe FSDE guys can get in on those plates, but I have no idea what clutch/flywheel/starter setup would be like and I have no $ and time for trans R and D lol

Last edited:
pretty sure everyone would be down. but who knows if the starter/flywheel/clutch setup would work. the toyota bellhousing already has to be modded to work with a BP, not sure how it would have to be cut to work with fsde. then there is the issue of cutting and box welding the drivers side frame rail to clear the trans...not exactly plug and play lol oh and the custom mounts, undercarriage etc.

Back