j spec tails for the p5?

Oh, I wasn't surprised...corksport says they have no rain light and that the US wiring harness works with the ones they sell. My confusion revolves around who gets what as oem in different markets around the world. I thought rain light was moslty just a euro thing.

Well the ones I replaced were OEM and the ones I have seen were the same. So I guess they do get that in Japan not all though. Not sure about the Singapore ones. The other Singapore Protege Sedan we have with the 1.6l ZM does not have it.

hey im from aus and am willing to swap my ausdm which i think are the same as the jdm for a set of usdm lights for free :) postage will prob be arund $80 and that would be all you need to pay

yeah, here in aus only the higher models (es in the US i think?) got the usdm standard lights whereas most of the other models such as my lx got the jdm style lights and i think i prefer the usdm ones which if i were to buy from a wrecker would probably cost me around $200 so id rather just swap them unless i can get a cheaper set?

Last edited:
yeah but i was just thinking i would be without any taillights until your ones arrive and vice versa and ill be needing the car so i dont know if it will be so easy. I would also need the loom as from what ive heard here is aus they are different

Hopefully you guys can work something out but as the guy from Australia said, be sure to remove the wiring harness for your tails and ship to him and vice versa. The JDM tails have an extra bulb vs the USDM bulbs.

Not 100% sure but I thought the Euro models had tails similiar to the USDM but the rear fog replaced the reverse light on the left rear light. The JDM tails have parking lights on both the rears and bottom and top on both sides illuminate when the brakes are applied. The JDM lights with the rear fog have an extra bulb socket in the reverse light area on the left rear light. I'm sure it's not as easy as that due to the USDM car having only one trim level while sold stateside.

As a ref. here is a pic of mine with JDM tails with the rear fog. I'm having some trouble sourcing a decent bulb though so right now I'm using an led bulb but don't think it's bright enough.

P5-EDMRearFogMarch24th20112.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah you explained it well. Mine looked just like that. Are the bulbs for yours push type? I cut off the socket with the bulbs in mine and I can't say for certain but they may have been push type. They are laying around some where in the man cave. I will check later for them.

Jeff, didn't you get the left side housing from Scratch who said they were EDM? I'm pretty sure they are.

I've got JDM's and I don't have a fog light. But they may have been an option or something.

Yes, I did get the left from Scratch after my other one was scraped in the accident. He did say it was EDM when I bought it. Maybe it wasn't an option for the JDM market and the difference in tail light designs for the EDM market was based on trim? Some got the USDM style lights with rear fog whereas others got the JDM style with rear fog?

Haha, I'm so confused now... Oh well. I just hope the OP get's some JDM styles lights like he wanted. Haha

cheapest i found here is like 160
i think i will just save up and get some from corksport.
plus like you said i need my car to be legal to drive it

Latest posts

Back