j spec tails for the p5?

jeffietoon

:
2002 protege 5
hi, I was wondering if anyone out there had a set of the j spec tail lights for sale on the cheap. maybe 100 or 150? i know fat chance but its worth a shot.

these ones....
images

What is the average price of those in the states?

In Europe we got the same tails as standard on PFL models:

Mzd%252526flantsid_%252520007.jpg

I got mine from my friends P5 when he parted his out for about $150. Gotta be in the right place at the right time. Or have good friends who are into Mazdas. ;)

Dayum! I bought mine from corksport new way back when they ran 190 + shipping.

chillbill since yours are factory u wouldnt wanna let them go and i give you mines.? (ha ha wishful thinking)

I'm pretty sure the European tails have a fog light in the back. But pretty much the same style.

The JDMs have no rain light, the EDMs do. Extra red light in bottom of one tail, can't remember which one tho...IIRC, it's in the left one which is passenger side in EDM right hand drive.

Oh well mine had in both tail lights at the bottom of the assembly I think they called it rear fog., my car is Japanese we get our cars Foreign Used from Japan and Singapore as well. I had to condemn mine when I changed them.

Last edited:
chillbill since yours are factory u wouldnt wanna let them go and i give you mines.? (ha ha wishful thinking)

I might be able to sell & ship mine to the US in case I can get some replacement FL tails (which you have as stock: http://img8.auto24.ee/auto24/560/569/11271569.jpg) from a local breakers yard. At the moment there aren't any around here but we'll see how that goes. Mine are in mint condition.

And yes, EDM tails do have a rear foglight as standard (as do all cars around here). Pretty annoying and useless everywhere else except in very heavy rain- and snowfall.

You couldn't have said it better about it being annoying and useless. I mean occasionally we get heavy rain here that you can't see much but it's not very often. But I guess because it is Japanese that's why, the local models never had them.

Let me clarify my statement about the JDM ones not having the rain light.....that would be the ones sold by corksport that I bought. The actual ones from Japan cars, I dunno. Thought the EDMs only had it on one side but I guess since there is a mix of right hand and left hand drive in European countries and the rain light rule could be accross all Europe, that there could be EDMs with fog in either the left or right tail depending on destination country therefore sets of these tails with fog in both sides would be possible? Or is fog in both tails a Japan thing?

Last edited:
Let me clarify my statement about the JDM ones not having the rain light.....that would be the ones sold by corksport that I bought. The actual ones from Japan cars, I dunno. Thought the EDMs only had it on one side but I guess since there is a mix of right hand and left hand drive in European countries and the rain light rule could be accross all Europe, that there could be EDMs with fog in either the left or right tail depending on destination country therefore sets of these tails with fog in both sides would be possible? Or is fog in both tails a Japan thing?

Yeah it is since like I said many cars come in as used to be sold here from Japan and Singapore, Nissans, Subaru, Mitsu and Mazda. The one I have is from Japan and there quite few here that have them. The ones bought in for local sale don't have the rear fogs, O2 sensor and EGR due to laxed emissions laws here (or more like lack thereof). So as with mine I had to condemn the rear fog when I changed the assembly, I think there is also something with the sockets on the harness also being bigger so I had to Mc Gyver mine to the housings to get it to fit. I was just as surprised and confused as you when I got my car and saw that some had the rear fog and some didn't. I thought it was rigged on there but when I pulled it down it was all original stuff.

Back