Sources for Protege5 Roof rack delete strips?

jawn

2002 Mazda Protege5 5MT
:
Annapolis, MD
:
2002 Mazda Protege5
jp parts does not have any in stock, first place i checked. they also are NLA from mazda directly. anyone know a place to source some or have a set for sale? had one of them fly off and explode while driving and figured its definitely time.

jp parts does not have any in stock, first place i checked. they also are NLA from mazda directly. anyone know a place to source some or have a set for sale? had one of them fly off and explode while driving and figured its definitely time.
Are you looking for the four hard plastic covers or the long strips to completely remove all roof rack mounting hardware (which requires removing the headliner)?

Are you looking for the four hard plastic covers or the long strips to completely remove all roof rack mounting hardware (which requires removing the headliner)?
i am. i do not have the crossbars but i do have the plastic roof rail, looking for the filler strips so that i can get rid of the plastic roof rails altogether.

i am. i do not have the crossbars but i do have the plastic roof rail, looking for the filler strips so that i can get rid of the plastic roof rails altogether.
Would a salvage yard be a good option for you? Most P5s I see in my local yards have the original roof rack, but I think later models (2003.5 or Canadian models or something?) may have come with the filler strips. Even if they didn't come that way from the factory, you may find a car that had the rack removed and strips installed by the owner before it was put out to pasture. The good news is that I think those strips are metal, and wouldn't have fallen apart in the sun like the plastic parts. You can set up an alert on row52.com to notify you of any new P5s. If you get lucky, maybe someone will have already removed the headliner for their own needs. :D

Other than that, you can look on car-part.com or any other salvage site from time to time and look for cars that have pics to confirm whether they have the strips or the rack installed.

Would a salvage yard be a good option for you? Most P5s I see in my local yards have the original roof rack, but I think later models (2003.5 or Canadian models or something?) may have come with the filler strips. Even if they didn't come that way from the factory, you may find a car that had the rack removed and strips installed by the owner before it was put out to pasture. The good news is that I think those strips are metal, and wouldn't have fallen apart in the sun like the plastic parts. You can set up an alert on row52.com to notify you of any new P5s. If you get lucky, maybe someone will have already removed the headliner for their own needs. :D

Other than that, you can look on car-part.com or any other salvage site from time to time and look for cars that have pics to confirm whether they have the strips or the rack installed.
i’ve got 4 local lkqs, between them one p5 show up probably once every 2-3 months. haven’t had any luck so far but will continue to look!

ME! Got some sittin in the garage complete with new clips in the bag............wanna see?
20240404_153832.jpg
20240404_153611.jpg
20240404_153844.jpg
20240404_153858.jpg

Last edited:
Problem is wtf would you ship them in? Would have to wrap them in cardboard all customlike and hope shipper wouldn't mangle them. I'm up for it if you are......these are crazy rare and these is pristine and rubber trim on them is intact no gak underneath, just shiny fresh. Has all 4 plastic caps. Got paypal and time to carrierproof them with tracking. Temp me.

Problem is wtf would you ship them in? Would have to wrap them in cardboard all customlike and hope shipper wouldn't mangle them. I'm up for it if you are......these are crazy rare and these is pristine and rubber trim on them is intact no gak underneath, just shiny fresh. Has all 4 plastic caps. Got paypal and time to carrierproof them with tracking. Temp me.
yeah that would be tricky. where are you located? i wouldnt mind a longer drive but obv couldnt do a cross country drive.

great idea, that and a coupla caps to tape on......might not need to be 2" and not 10' but I can measure and hit up Lowe's. I'm in TX so TX-MD counts as cross country, BUT........I have a mountain of other stuff I need to get to people who still have these cars before I move so you could load the car up with all kinds of coolness. Lots of other stuff you'll not find anymore.......MP3 splitter, Perrin fuel rail with gauge, glo face gauges for auto, cabin air filter parts are just a few. How bout perfect power fuel management with NA module/ flyin miata voltage clamp/ innovate wb o2 with gauge? All kinds of stuff like that plus much more. Fiberglass grill/emblem that looks like 2004+ M3 grill.....goes on and on and unused mechanical stuff out the wazoo. ss header. Come gitcha sum! of course can provide pics with signage of specific items before any money is discussed......unless you just show up and load up your car, lol

Got a nice set of oem fogs converted to HID never installed because 03.5 lip with deletes happened Remember the guy who made dual gauge gauge bezels? Got one of those too. Who knows what other surprises I'll find....

Back