Is this for real?

More than likely. Prolly some engineers getting together to build something for fun

*disclaimer*
I did not even bother to read one word of that article

I did see on blueovalforums.com that it is a photochop. They did a good job, but come on. It just isn't practical.

I just read this in C&D. I don't remember them doing april fools jokes before.

That being said, this is probably one of them.

A Fusion sport wagon. I can see that happening to replace the Taurus wagon. I would think it would rob sales from the Focus wagon and Freestyle.

The fact that John Phillips wrote it should be a tipoff.

The other is that it has an exhaust pipe exiting the rear quarter panel.

It would be cool if it was real. But the other thing that tells you it's fake it the steering wheel, no airbag. They wouldn't make a car now days with out one.

from 4th page

FORD FUTURA SPRINT GT/A WAGON
Vehicle type: front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 3-passenger, 4-door wagon
Price as tested: $20,025
Price and option breakdown: base Ford Futura Sprint wagon (includes $545 freight), $17,375; GT/A package (includes performance exhaust system, high-flow air intake, Tornado air-management system, fuel magnet), $2250; Fulda Redcoat tires, $400
Major standard accessories: power windows and locks, remote locking, A/C, cruise control, tilting and telescoping steering wheel, chrome ashtray, rear defroster and triple-blade wiper
Sound system: Ford AM-FM radio/CD player, 6 speakers

lmao

holy s***... that looks just like the yammerhammer GOD I miss that car... I have that article and it mentions that the one they tested used a Miller cycle engine. weird, I don't see a supercharger in that picture...

Last edited:
CHASSIS/BODY
Type: unit construction with 4 rubber-isolated dwarf-like subframes made by Home Depot
Body material: welded steel stampings and fiberglass-reinforced papier-mch

lol

INTERIOR
SAE volume, front seat: 53 cu ft <------
cargo: 80 cu ft
Front-seat adjustments: fore-and-aft, seatback angle, front height, rear height
Restraint systems, front: manual 3-point belts, driver and passenger front and curtain airbags, plus curtains

wtf, huuuuuge front seat

ENGINE
Type: Miller-cycle V-6, aluminum block and heads
Bore x stroke: 3.50 x 3.13 in, 88.9 x 79.5mm
Displacement: 181 cu in, 2961cc
Compression ratio: 10.0:1 <------
Effective Miller-cycle compression ratio: 8.0:1 <------
Fuel-delivery system: port injection
Valve gear: chain-driven double overhead cams, 4 valves per cylinder, hydraulic lifters
Power (SAE net): 245 bhp @ 6600 rpm
Torque (SAE net): less than 245 lb-ft @ 2800 rpm <------lol
Redline: 7000 rpm
lol @ miller cycle, AFAIK the only recent production car to have a miller cycle engine was the millenia and I think miller cycles use a supercharger

Vehicle type: front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 3-passenger, 4-door wagon
042920061230152231.jpg

huh?

Last edited:
haha woulda never noticed if you didn't mention those
not that i know how the compression is a way to figure its bull...
but when i saw that in my c&d i didn't think twice, i just thought wow... what a bad looking interior'd car

Not the mention the 'C&D observed fuel economy = 9mpg'. I can't imagine any automaker giving a green light to that -especially these days.

romecandleboy said:
Not the mention the 'C&D observed fuel economy = 9mpg'. I can't imagine any automaker giving a green light to that -especially these days.
Have you heard of the H2 or maybe the ford excursion?

I didn't notice those thing before. thats pretty funny (lol2)

.paul said:
Have you heard of the H2 or maybe the ford excursion?

I can understand an urban assault vehicle like the H2 or Excursion getting 9mpg ... just not a practical, sporty, Fusion based wagon.

romecandleboy said:
I can understand an urban assault vehicle like the H2 or Excursion getting 9mpg ... just not a practical, sporty, Fusion based wagon.
oic.

well, your comment makes more sense ahha(headbang)

btw, nice new car.

Back