Introducing the cp-e CX-7 Dual Exhaust!!

I don't see the size of the piping listed anywhere?

Ah, good question. Our exhaust system features 3" piping from the flange to the tips. So it is a true 3" dual exhaust.

How much for just the muffler back? Thanks

Nick

We're actually working on pricing at the moment, but check our website our tonight as we should have that info up there by then:

http://www.cp-e.com/scan/co=yes/fi=products/sf=category/se=CX7/op=eq.html?open=

will the ground clearance be affected??

thanks.

Our system is unlike the current exhaust offerings for the CX7 in that our exhaust follows the stock exhaust routing. That means our exhaust is routed to the side of the differential, as opposed to going underneath it. This makes manufacturing the product more difficult for us, but you won't lose 3"-4" of ground clearance like you do with the other options out there. We figured we'd put forth the extra effort to do it the right way, even it made more work for us.

CX7 dual exhaust product page here:

http://www.cp-e.com/2102.html

Alright, lemme see if I can help make some sense of the pricing...

First and foremost, I'd like to explain the pricing of the system. We originally wanted to come as close to the $800 mark as possible, but when we sat down and crunched the numbers, it simply wasn't possible. The amount of labor in this exhaust system exceeds that of any other product we make, and the amount of parts in the kit (two hand TIG welded mufflers and polished tips) really increases the price as compared to our other exhaust systems. So we're prepared for people to be turned off to the exhaust because of the price, but if you really want the finest exhaust system for your CX7, this is it. The warm sound generated by our custom mufflers, and the ability to mix and match the muffler section and QuickPower pipe is unique to our system. Not to mention, you lose no ground clearance with this system! If you'd like a more detailed explanation, please look here:

http://www.cp-e.com/imgs/CX-7Expense.pdf

So you have a couple options available to you. You may purchase just the rear muffler section for the intro price of $800, and that'll replace the stock rear muffler section. It bolts right in with no cutting, welding or cursing (well, cursing is optional :D ). Additionally, you may opt for the QuickPower pipe at its intro price of $392.45, which replaces the second cat, and runs from the downpipe to the muffler section. You can think of it kind of like a test pipe (aka race pipe) but in the case of the CX7 it's several feet long! Replacing the second cat will not set an emissions check engine light, but it will free up some power.

So you may opt for just the muffler section if you'd like your CX7's sound to match its performance. Or, you can add on the QuickPower pipe if you'd like to add a little more power to the car too. We expect both products to make power over stock, and we fully intend on dyno testing them here shortly. Once we do, we'll post the results in the horsepower/torque section on the CX7 exhaust product page.

In the mean time, if you guys have any questions I'll try my best to answer them (drinks)

Will you dyno each part separately please? And then dyno together....?

I would like to do that, but we'll be paying for dyno time by the hour just like anyone else since we don't have a dyno at our facility. I'm going to push the guys to dyno the two seperately, but I can't promise anything unfortunately because I'm not the boss (fight)

And when is the quickpower coming on to your site?

Actually, scroll down on the CX7 exhaust product page and there should be an option box that says, "Add cp-e™ QuickPower™" and by default it says "Select." Click that box and it'll give you the option to purchase the QuickPower™ pipe at the intro price.

Looking at the page now, I don't think that you can order it separately yet, so if you would give us a call if you'd like to order it and I'll take down your order info by phone. I'll mention to the guys that they need to fix that!

Edit: Should be fixed now! :)

Last edited:
If my cat hadn't gotten his tail damn near bit off by a coyote on Friday I'd be picking it up right now. Looks like I'll be waiting a few months.

Why didn't you guys make it straight? like this? I haven't took a good look under the cx-7 but on my case wich is only FRONT wheel drive, I would prefer straight pipes and the the 2 mufflers. less bends = more power right?
we have the space right?

At least have the option for front wheel drive cx-7's.

catms8.jpg

To make two Exhausts will jack the price up so high that no one will buy CP-E's exhaust. And the bend is very beneficial to ground clearance, and you might gain 1 whp without the bend, so ill take my ground clearance thx.

Ground clearance FTW!

The took the right approach IMO. They can't design separate exhausts for FWD and AWD and still hope to possibly make a profit.

Has anyone gotten this system yet. I am close to pulling the trigger but would like to see dyno sheets before I purchase. If we can get 15hp and 2 more mpg of fuel that would be great.

To make two Exhausts will jack the price up so high that no one will buy CP-E's exhaust. And the bend is very beneficial to ground clearance, and you might gain 1 whp without the bend, so ill take my ground clearance thx.

Very well said.

Has anyone gotten this system yet. I am close to pulling the trigger but would like to see dyno sheets before I purchase. If we can get 15hp and 2 more mpg of fuel that would be great.

We're working on getting a dyno, and so far we've shipped out a rear section to someone in California who requested the first unit. Here is his initial feedback that was sent to me by email this past weekend:

I like the sound very much, in fact, its very reserved for being 3 in size with 4 exhaust pipes. I think its obvious upon hearing mine that the vehicle that you tested and have the sound clips of on your web pages for the system is one with the Quickpipe and the Cat-back system, both installed. Mine is pretty quiet by comparison to those sound clips, so much so that I did a double-take. I immediately went back in the house, fired up my G5 with its BIG sound system, and listened to the clips on the exhaust system web pages. And then I went for another test drive in mine, and dang! Mine is pretty quiet!! By comparison anyway, it is very very quiet compared to the ones on your web pages. OK, enough on that. I like the sounds mine makes, but I guess Im just envious of those who will install the Quickpipe also! Lucky them.

But I believe that we need a FWD CX7 in order to dyno since we had so many difficulties last time with the AWD version. Once we get our hands on one we'll get some dyno numbers for everyone.

Okay, the gentleman in California has posted a more in-depth review of our muffler section. His review is below:

rexercx7 said:
This is going to be short and to the point, where it should be very detailed and offer suggestions and installation tips for those of you who have ordered the CP-E Cat-Back Exhaust System. I installed the system, all by myself, no help whatsoever, on Sunday the 14th, and have put some 250 miles on my CX-7 since then. I of course reset the PCM during the installation, which took me about 3 hours total time elapsed, and the CX-7 is really coming to life right about now.:)

I don't have a lot of time to go into it tonight, as I'm getting ready for my vacation which begins on the 21st through the 29th, but having received and installed the very 1st retail unit from CP-E, let me just say that the performance increase is tremendous, something you can really feel after the PCM adjusts to the Mods you've done, as I've done! It seems like the comments like "turbo motors are very sensitive to changes in the exhaust system" are particularly true with our CX-7's...after PCM resetting and breaking in the system, the 2.3L Mazda DISI turbo motor just starts "singing a different song" at any throttle setting with this new exhaust system!;)

As I wrote above, getting rid of the stock muffler system is the best kept secret yet as far as letting the CX-7 turbo motor breathe, and breathe most excellently with the CP-E system. With my CX-7, especially having the other Mods of the CAI, the TMIC, and the BOV replacements, I'm noticing a huge difference in performance, something you can really feel, and the sound of the cat-back system is just fantastic!:D

After I return from my vacation I'll be able to devote the necessary time and energy to putting together a web page devoted to the CP-E Cat-Back Exhaust System, but just let me say a couple things about it. It comes packed in a very professional HD 60" x 40" x20" box (approximate dimensions), and it's extensively protected inside the shipping container with heavy packing paper, and lots of bubble-wrap and plastic air bladders. So there should be no worries about getting your unit damaged whatsoever: CP-E really takes great pains to make certain that the system arrives in perfect condition via FedEx Ground Shipping.

You're not going to "knock out this installation" in 40 minutes as Shadow1 said he could do, unless you have access to a rack for your CX-7, hanger pliers (I did without them, and used other techniques to deal with the hangers), and several people to help do the necessary lifting and fitment of the system. It is a little more involved than just swapping out the stock muffler for the CP-E system, but even 1 person can pull off the installation with the right tools, a little ingenuity, and some common sense in a couple of hours.

That's about all I want to write at this time, as I can see I've already done more than I wanted to. This CP-E system is an exciting Mod to do to a CX-7, especially one with other Mods already in place. I'm getting a real, honest feeling for 280-290 SAE HP at the crank with my CX-7's Mods now, and even more torque than that. How much I really don't know nor can I prove it, but my CX-7 is just fast across all the RPM's now. I have to thank CP-E so very much for getting this 1st system out to me last week, and I promise to give a thorough report about installing it when I return from vacation.

Get one of these systems for yourselves, as it's such an XLNT Mod to do for a major HP and torque increase in the CX-7.

Kindest regards,
rexercx7:cool:

(burnout)

Back