Interior Lighting

yeah just went back and found it, the one someone posted a lil bit ago from amazon had like more than twice as many emitters on it so i might pick those up hopefully be even more light coming out

417v2QhX-QL._SS400_.jpg

P13W-LED-Fog-Light-4H-2.jpg

Just a quick question, do these bulbs need a resistor or it's just a simple switch? Is any modification needed?

nope just simple replacement of bulbs. there are two screws that holds the light bulb which is covered by a metal bracket. not too difficult since there is a lot room inside the engine bay.

nope just simple replacement of bulbs. there are two screws that holds the light bulb which is covered by a metal bracket. not too difficult since there is a lot room inside the engine bay.

you had to take screws off? mine just rotated out of position then pulled free of socket...

Thanks for the info, will definitely order a set.

you had to take screws off? mine just rotated out of position then pulled free of socket...

Well do you have the regular halogen lights? I have the xenon HID headlights. I think depending on which version you have the process might be different.

Now I"m trying to figure out what type of bulbs are for the interior dome lights. Anyone know what type it is?

Last edited:
I think the bottom line is that once you gain access, the bulbs are a quick swap and doesn't require the addition of resistors (whatever those are! ;) )

Well do you have the regular halogen lights? I have the xenon HID headlights. I think depending on which version you have the process might be different.

Now I"m trying to figure out what type of bulbs are for the interior dome lights. Anyone know what type it is?

no i have the xenons, and i remeber a plate with screws on it but that was to attach the light socket to the twisting socket plate, you dont have to unscrew it, just twist the whole assembly and it pops out, then you pull and swap the bulb, reinsert and twist lock it back into place, you made extra work for yourself it sounds like lol

Light Sizes for CX-5

***Note differences in bulb sizes between Xenon/tech package and Halogen models***

Front headlights/fog lights: H11
Front turning signal : 1157NA
Front drl (HALOGEN): hb3u 9005
Front drl (XENON/Tech Package): p13w
License Plate Bulb: 168/194/T10/W5W Wedge bulb

Just wanted to clear some of the confusion.
If you have a CX-5 with With halogen bulb headlights (Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring without Tech Package) in US model use the following:
Headlights Low: H11 (H11)
Headlights High: HB3 (HB3)
Daytime running lights: HB3 (HB3)

Headlights High and DRL are the same exact bulb and socket in the light assembly used for both purposes. You cant use P13W bulbs and its very likely illegal for you to use LED bulb for your headlight High.

If you have a CX-5 with With xenon fusion bulb headlights (Grand Touring with Tech Package) in US model use the following:
Headlights Low: D4S (D4S)
Headlights High: D4S (D4S)
Daytime running lights: P13W

You can use P13W LED bulbs for your DRL to match your Headlights Low/High.

This is directly from the owner's manual. So the P13W led option is really just for those the have the xenon package.

Hope the clears things up.

Just wanted to clear some of the confusion.
If you have a CX-5 with With halogen bulb headlights (Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring without Tech Package) in US model use the following:
Headlights Low: H11 (H11)
Headlights High: HB3 (HB3)
Daytime running lights: HB3 (HB3)

Headlights High and DRL are the same exact bulb and socket in the light assembly used for both purposes. You cant use P13W bulbs and its very likely illegal for you to use LED bulb for your headlight High.

If you have a CX-5 with With xenon fusion bulb headlights (Grand Touring with Tech Package) in US model use the following:
Headlights Low: D4S (D4S)
Headlights High: D4S (D4S)
Daytime running lights: P13W

You can use P13W LED bulbs for your DRL to match your Headlights Low/High.

This is directly from the owner's manual. So the P13W led option is really just for those the have the xenon package.

Hope the clears things up.

yeah we established that already, thanks

i just got my p13w's today..i installed them... it looks sooo much better then those halogen bulbs... going to get the white fog lights next!

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

Last edited:
where in ny are you ben? if you're down in the city you should find kimchei and park side by side to see who's leds are brighter lol then i'll know which to buy, the amazon or the jdms (whistle)

i live in queens..i think kimchei lives down the block from me lol... i saw a white cx-5 near my house the other day.. might be his lol... the one i bought from amazon has more emitters but not sure if that makes it brighter...

yeah thats what i was thinking that more smds might put out more light but it almost looks like kimcheis drls are significantly brighter, but unfortunately with the wide variety in camera settings and exposure compensations theres no way to tell for sure without putting them side by side and taking pic of both at same time with one camera

i'm gonna try to take some time tomorrow and start popping out and cataloging the interior bulbs for the OP

Back