Installed a Kicker Hideaway

LaRazaUnida

:
'14 CX5, Touring, Tech&Bose Package
This past week I installed a kicker hideaway sub under the front passanger seat. The install took longer than it should have, partly because I did not see a write up giving pointers on what to do. I am going to post pictures and the steps I took for the install.

As for the sub, it compliments the Bose system nicely. It does not pound, you do not feel it in your chest, nor is it too loud. It fills out the bottom the oem Bose system is missing. Personally, I would fiber glass a case that fit a shallow sub in the back corner of the trunk. With that said, the car is primarily my girlfriends and she did not want all of that. For her, the kicker is too much at times when it is fully turned up. If you are looking for a compact system that is relatively easy to install without having to do any custom work, the hideaway works perfectly.

I will post the instructions tomorrow as it would have saved me probably 3-4hours if I would have known what wires went where and how to run the cables in our vehicle. I have hooked up systems before but this was my first attempt with a cx5.

Sorry, haven't had time to write up the install process but will! As for the power, I am assuming you mean the remote start. I actually used a add-circuit in conjunction with the power side view mirrors.

Sorry, haven't had time to write up the install process but will! As for the power, I am assuming you mean the remote start. I actually used a add-circuit in conjunction with the power side view mirrors.
No, I am curious if you run a new power wire for the actual unit power source or you used lets say the power outlet under the arm rest?

Glad to hear it does fit under the seat. I was curious about this, myself. Did you have to alter anything under the seat or did it fit without any major issues?

Back