Importing cx-9 from U.S.

michandjay

:
2010 Cx-9 GT
I may not be on the site often to respond...but just bought a 2010cx-9 GT AWD in Michigan, imported easily, Mazda dealership in SW Ont. switched module to enable daytime running lights for $200. Only mods needed. Saved $5000-8000 and had choices for used. So simple... May have bought in Ont but very few CX-9 unless u r willing to pay new and spend more to support Cdn economy.

Hi. Working on getting the DRLs going on a 2012 I brought in last week to NB. Canadian Tire could not figure out how to install the Hamsar unit. Heading to the dealer tomorrow. They did not sound too fussy about doing it. Do you happen to have the part number of the module they put in. If I had that it might make it a lot easier. Thanks.

Hey CPS, first time I have checked this site since posting in July. Hope you found the part and install was easy. I have no clue what the part # was, dealership was actually taking the module out of a Cx-9 on the lot do accomodate us quickly and were going to replace theirs.

Just out of curiosity, how do your DRL's work with this mod? Are they through the actual headlights, or do they use the Fog lights? I just imported a 2011 CX-9 GT and because it has HID headlights, the only options I seem to find (and what I am having done to mine to meet the RIV specs) is to have the fog lights act as DRL using some relays.

Back