i want an MT more than i want food

Muppet

:
88' rx7
hi all i have an interesting Q for you, what kind of trouble is it to do a AT(auto trans) to a MT(manual trans) conversion on an 88' rx7. obviously it's a large job but is it ultra costly or impossibly difficult?

Buy my tranny and you're already half way there. After that it's just a matter of buying the shifter surround and pedal. I also have for sale the clutch master and slave cylinder with a braided steel clutch line

hi all i have an interesting Q for you, what kind of trouble is it to do a AT(auto trans) to a MT(manual trans) conversion on an 88' rx7. obviously it's a large job but is it ultra costly or impossibly difficult?

where do you live? you can buy my rx7 for probably as much as a tranny swap costs

i would melicha8, but it has too many miles on it, it would be a good place to start but im sort of reconsidering the the darnd job. i wanted to do a small amount of track time but that would mean new struts and wheeles plus a tranny swapp. my mom drove the car like last week and loved it, so i may just sell it to her and get a miata but thanks for the offer. i may still do it (depends if i want to eat, honest im a student working two jobs to support my two cars)(88' rx and a 69' elcamino) so it will consume all of my income for a good amount of time. im in carmichael california roy. what do you have (im at work so photos are all but blocked)

Buy my tranny and you're already half way there. After that it's just a matter of buying the shifter surround and pedal. I also have for sale the clutch master and slave cylinder with a braided steel clutch line
Never done the swap myself, but aren't the drive-shafts different from MT to Auto? What about a flywheel, and transmission mounts, and maybe speedometer/odometer hook-ups? And aren't the ECUs different?

Last edited:
Back