Do I want Torque Pro, what about an OBD2 scanner?

For many years, I've wanted an OBD2 scanner, to do things like ABS bleeding after brake fluid changes, and rear brake electronic parking release for pad changes. Since my CX-5 only has 10k on it, and there's a tricky manual way to release the EPB, that shouldn't yet be an issue. I change brake fluid every two years on the CX-5 and wife's Outback.

I like tech, and would find some interest in logging data, and the recent posts on Bluedriver, etc, have piqued my interest in a BT dongle for the OBD2 port.

Can y'all give me some insight? Thanks!

I've not used TorquePro so can't speak to it.

I have been using FORscan for a few years and like it very much. Do a search for FORScan on this forum and you should hit on several posts.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that any OBD2 scanner will help with brake bleeding or placing the EPB into maintenance mode or the release of maintenance mode.

I have two of these devices, a generic scanner and Bluedriver. While I haven't actually looked for a way to do the things that you mentioned, in my use previously, I didn't see anything like that available.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that any OBD2 scanner will help with brake bleeding or placing the EPB into maintenance mode or the release of maintenance mode.

You are supposed to cycle the ABS, to get the old oil out of there, too. If I can, I stomp the brakes on snow/ice. :D

I have Torque Pro and I don't think it has the ability to put vehicle into maintenance mode or cycle ABS, but I haven't looked at that closely.

With my 2 newer Fords use Forscan, which can do all that (and more).

I'd love a way to display this stuff in Android Auto so I could see it on the dash. How do I do that anyone?

I have not done this yet but it seems promising. I have everything needed just need to try it.

If you don't mind rooting your phone OBD2AA was another neat one.

I am also not sure how either will work without a touch screen.

For EPB and such you will need at least 2 way communication devices. I have heard good things about XTOOL bit have not found confirmation that their stuff works on newer non Ford mazdas.

Back