I know all about CAI dynos but......

are there any threads or does anyone have any info about SRI dynos??? I've done some searches but i cant find any. Need some input. Has the Billet SRI been dynoed?? Feel Free To Post (rockon)

what is the point of these last two posts? Are you really helping at all? if not, shut the %$&# up. (my little rant, even though I've not been posting much, THAT'S WHY). As for the question, I searched far and wide before getting my CAI - I believe Injen is the only one that has done dyno testing with a wind-tunnel type of setup on the CAI (from other threads on this board), but never seen anything for any SRI. Why not spend the little extra and do the CAI? The benefit of cold air seems like it should be worth the extra cash...

Last edited:
tiwing said:
what is the point of these last two posts? Are you really helping at all? if not, shut the %$&# up. (my little rant, even though I've not been posting much, THAT'S WHY). As for the question, I searched far and wide before getting my CAI - I believe Injen is the only one that has done dyno testing with a wind-tunnel type of setup on the CAI (from other threads on this board), but never seen anything for any SRI. Why not spend the little extra and do the CAI? The benefit of cold air seems like it should be worth the extra cash...

PLEASE, don't always believe in to a company that gives dyno results on a product THEY are selling...im sure i could find a dyno of a grounding kit company claiming 12 whp...

protege5online lists in the sale section "gains of up to 12 hp". baloney.

to me, an intake, short ram or cold air style, serves two purposes on this car = pretties up the engine bay and makes for a more agressive murmur under the hood. had the intake / exhaust combo on the car and just didn't "feel it". maybe in the top end, but really its just not that great of an increase.

i had my old aem dynoed...

my mods were aem short ram and 2.25 inch piping with resonator removed and stock muffler...

117whp and 125lbft..

hmm...there's a grounding kit that did put up to 15whp on a car...some magazine did testing on it w/ different locations.

jflo said:
hmm...there's a grounding kit that did put up to 15whp on a car...some magazine did testing on it w/ different locations.

unplugging 2 spark plug wires 1st then plugging them back in doesnt count, p.s. i hope you were joking when you wrote this..

i'm sure it will only really give you higher end stuff, i have my stock intake piping in place with a unifilter (uniflow.com) filter... makes noticable gains in the high end...

anyway my point be i'm sure that the sri and cai would do similar

and yes i'm aware i don't have a speed... just my 2c

If they more/less do the same thing, then i will just get an SRI because i can get one customized for about 75 bucks. So, then i can use that $135 that i didnt spend on an InJen and get something else. Thanks for all the post.....Does anyone have the Billet intake on there car???

Make sure you get the SRI far enough away from the radiator fan that will blow hot air onto it. Make a heatsheild as well...people that have done SRIs on this car have found a drop in power if they don't place it correctly.

heres my dyno sheet after a ractive sri and custom made axle back exhaust. I started at 89whp on a mustang dyno and this is what i ended up with./members/KYMP5/dyno1.jpg

It'd be nice to see the first run on that as well...but the MSP gets much hotter under the hood than the P5 does...that graph, does however show that you *can* make substantial gains with a custom set-up that's properly engineered (or even just fudged right! (evil))

mp5jeff said:
unplugging 2 spark plug wires 1st then plugging them back in doesnt count, p.s. i hope you were joking when you wrote this..

The guy had to be kidding right?
I can hear it now ,"Yes sir that 12 extra ponies help me Ground my way to victory!" :rolleyes: ;)

Back