I did it??

It's official.... I drove her home last night. Got a fairly good deal worked out for it being a 2007 with brand new all seasons on it.

Now for the first mod.... tinting the side markers and changing the bulbs to match the HID color.

I might just need a CAI... but I'm going to need to research a bit to figure out which one I want. Know any good places to start??? Is this forum the best for speed6 info??

mysleeper6 - I wasn't sure I'd seen the Mazdaspeed sticker on the dash before either.. I'm guessing the previous owner did it? If Mazda did, they did a shoddy job because it's kinda bubbly. If I get sick of it, I'll take it off. Also, there are wind deflectors on it that make me sick... those are coming off as soon as I get access to a heat gun and a garage bay.

Probably clay barring it and waxing it this week when it gets nicer so that periodic washes during the winter will take everything off.

It handles amazing in the snow compared to the FWD I had before. I know that's a given but for someone who's only ever driven a FWD in the snow, this is a night and day difference.

OH YEAH, anyone with black mica want to trade me for a black mica gas door? There's a chrome one on there now, previous owner got that option from the dealer and I think it sticks out really bad on the black.. and I'm going for a blacked out look.. Might even slightly tint the taillights.

I'll post pictures of the old and new in a little bit once I get the stupid memory card to work.

Here are some pics!!!

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

YAAAAY!!!

What the hell do you do for a living that you have an Rx8 and MS6? :D

and for that matter.. can you get me the same job too? lol

Best CAI is CP-E hands down. It doesn't cause CELs like most do during the winter.

Edit: As for more Speed6 knowledge. Mazda 6 club seems to have more but with more knowledge also comes more idiots and assholes.

Last edited:
I have to ask...how was the ice this morning? I noticed the dealer was being nice and washed it for you...in subzero temps. :)

I probably would have demanded that if they wash it, they also dry it :)

Lol, no ice this morning... just another inch of snow on it. And now it has plenty of slop on the sides of it from driving in slush..

The dealer just cleaned it off and pulled it into the service area that morning before I got there. The salesman hosed it off so I could get a better look at the body and whatnot before I bought it. They basically did nothing to it besides taking off the big "2007" sticker off the windshield. I wanted them to take off the wind deflectors but I guess no one was in the service area to do it. I don't think they detailed it at all... oh well..

when i went to buy my new truck it was night and raining. Looked fine in the garage but have since noticed a few tiny dents in the door (right where u would expect them) that werent really noticable on the shiny black color when it was wet. Also had a ding in the windshield that was not noticed because it looked like a drop of water....last thurs that ding transformed into a windshield wide crack....ftw!<iframe src="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?lookitup&title=i%20bought%20my%20new%20truc&printable=yes&css=div#footer,h3#siteSub,div#contentSub%7Bdisplay:none%7Dh1%7Bfont-size:16px%7Da%7Bcolor:blue%21important%7D&xremove=//div%5B@class=%27infobox%20sisterproject%27%5D" style="border: 1px solid black; width: 460px; height: 100%; top: 0px; right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: fixed; background-color: white; z-index: 1000; display: none;" id="ResultBox0"></iframe>

Lol slug420... I have a few small starbursts in the windshield of the 8.. I've been lucky so far and they haven't transformed into anything larger. Just added glass coverage to my insurance (no idea why it wasn't on there) so she'll be getting a new windshield come spring time.

I can see what you mean with black hiding dings and such... there are a few scratches on the MS6 but no deal breakers.. It doesn't, however, hide dried salt AT ALL, haha.

If im honest...the dings I noticed on my truck wouldnt have been deal breakers either....just would have felt more warm and fuzzy and such if I had noticed them before the purchase :)

yea my pretty truck has been parked since thurs. Still buried in snow. I think im gonna dig it out tonight and see how the beautiful black paint and the shiny chrome wheels look with a nice salt+road chemical patina.

edit: My other truck had a starburst on it when I bought it....4 years and like 70k miles ago and it looks the same now as it did then. I have glass coverage but I *think* I heard somewhere that it only covers one windshield per car per X amount of time....so I am always afraid I will use that up having a windshield replaced due to a tiny ding only to have a rock smash the whole thing like a week later. So I just hold off on the windshield replacements until I need em.

Last edited:
My forester is caked with road salt and grime right now. But then again, it doesn't really look all that out of place. Subarus are supposed to get dirty!

Back