I did it??

FYI, even the AWD won't save you in the winter on stock rubber. They turn to stone in cold weather. I suggest taking those tires off and getting a set of all-seasons or snows for the winter (depending on how much snow and cold weather you expect to get in CT). Then in the summer you can mount the stock rubber to a set of new wheels.

As far as lowering goes, I am in love with my RPM springs. The drop isn't too severe and the suspension still feels like stock.

The tires are all season ones by BFG. They are not the stock ones. They have an aggressive tread on them. Too bad I can't pick up the car before the 6-10 inches CT is going to get tomorrow afternoon.... Looks like I'm good to go for Saturday pending a good price negotiation.

If its a winter car I suggest not.

For the first mod.. umm... Snow tires.

+1.... Definitly first mod to do. Trust me as I live right near you.

Shark Fin anntenna and CAI and tint it. Maybe a boost gauage.

I don't know why everyone says lower the car. It handles great and I like the look of it, but that IMO

I don't know why everyone says lower the car. It handles great and I like the look of it, but that IMO

Because it looks like you can go off-roading with the size of that wheel gap.

In Mazda's defense the Mitsu Eclipse has an even bigger wheel gap. It looks like you could slap on some super swampers on that thing. hahaha

It's a great car though...i have mine for 2 years already and still going strong *knock on wood*

I just bought myself the Cobb short ram intake, and coupled with the Forge BPV...it is LOUD x_x

But I agree with the tires...not something to skimp on

you know... Instead of the shark fin... I'd get an antenna from a CX-7. They are short and only cost 9 bucks from the dealer.

You know I didn't notice the antenna when I was looking at it.. is it really that bad looking?

Lol, I had to go to the listing to see what you mean. It's not as bad as some antennas, that's for sure although I'm going from a vehicle that doesn't have an exterior antenna. Go figure, a 2000 vehicle has an antenna built into the rear window (at least that's where I think it is).

Here's the listing from the dealer..... the car probably has about 7-8 inches of snow on it now so I figure those pictures are as good as anything.
Sha-BAM!

Back