i actually like P5 stock radio unit - am i crazy??

blackp5 said:
I have had my deck like this ever since I got it and I never take the face plate off. Looks ugly but I'm waiting to put a gauge panel there.

radio.JPG
\
how is that clipped in there? did you use the stock radio clips?

I am seriously OCD when it comes to pretty much everything but weird part is I really dont care if it matches or not? My CVA-1005 when the screen is shut runs tiny green lights for the 6 or so buttons and the DVA-5210 glows green/amber/blinking blue light... So I guess I can live with the mismatch to have the much better sound/controlability.

*ever so delicate threadjack*

Where Can I purchase a P5 spare tire sub and would it be hard to get it to work in my P5?

Donas64 said:
*ever so delicate threadjack*

Where Can I purchase a P5 spare tire sub and would it be hard to get it to work in my P5?

It isn't really worth it for the money for the most part. You'd have to find someone selling one, and you'd also have to source a new mat for the floor in the hatch. Since it sits on top of the spare tire, it raises up the floor of the trunk a bit, hence the new floor. Then you'd have to obtain a wiring harness and wire it up, I've had my hatch paneling torn apart many times and don't think anything came pre-wired.

For ~200 shipped you can get an infinity basslink (200watts RMS) and do the same amount of wiring, no need to replace the hatch floor. It is very compact, and can be removed if needed. I don't even actually have mine permanently mounted at all, I just have it laying down (it comes with legs to let it lay down or stand up) and held in place pretty well by the cargo net.

Yes, it does raise the floor and that is why OEM units come with the plastic cargo trays under the floor in the hatch.

mesoup said:
As title sugguested.... not so much for its performance, but for it's ample amount of matching (orange) light. I picked up an Alpine cda 9856 couple days ago, planning to install it into my P5. But now i am holding back the lights doesn't match with the factory orange night light.... so my question is. does anyone know of a legit after market head unit that has orange lights???

yer on crack, mine skips like crazzzzyyyyyy

stereo

i used the sony explod.It is not a stereo good thiefs steal.It matchs the lights to a tee.The display is blue but its okay.It also matchs the interior trim color .The real good stuff in hatchback were cant be seen.

Attachments

• wintercar 002.jpg
    wintercar 002.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
MP5cd said:
i used the sony explod.It is not a stereo good thiefs steal.It matchs the lights to a tee.The display is blue but its okay.It also matchs the interior trim color .The real good stuff in hatchback were cant be seen.

Is that pocket upside down?

Has anyone tried to fit this Pioneer Navigation/DVD in our P5?

Attachments

• Pioneer NAV.jpg
    Pioneer NAV.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 107
^^is that just a screen?

i contemplated the idea if runnin a double din screen in mine, but then realized it would be pretty expensive to do, and would require a decent amount of work. plus i think that would be somethin that would def get stolen quick.

redpr5 said:
^^is that just a screen?

i contemplated the idea if runnin a double din screen in mine, but then realized it would be pretty expensive to do, and would require a decent amount of work. plus i think that would be somethin that would def get stolen quick.

no, it's an all-in-one unit, screen + head unit

New protege 5 owner

Hey guys, i was just given 01 protege 5, and i've been reading the posts here about installing an aftermarket deck i have a kenwood KDC-mp628 and it's currently in my 97 corolla. I have been looking at the pics and there will be a gap under the deck once i install it and people here on the board have been mentioning putting in a pocket??? am i right? how much does these pockets cost? where can i get one? is there a good online source as i live in a small town. hope this isn't repetitive i'm new at this! i'm going to attach a pic of the deck

Attachments

• 28798_detail.jpg
    28798_detail.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 78
I ran the stock head unit for almost 4 years. I just got a double DIN DVD and installed it this week. I wish I would have gotten it 3 years and 11 months ago.

Attachments

• Jan 15 2007 018 (Medium).jpg
    Jan 15 2007 018 (Medium).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 295
  • Jan 15 2007 019 (Medium).jpg
    Jan 15 2007 019 (Medium).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 289
  • Jan 15 2007 005 (Medium).jpg
    Jan 15 2007 005 (Medium).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 285
  • Jan 15 2007 020 (Medium).jpg
    Jan 15 2007 020 (Medium).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 286
rednecks_r_us said:
I ran the stock head unit for almost 4 years. I just got a double DIN DVD and installed it this week. I wish I would have gotten it 3 years and 11 months ago.

What model is that? Looks great. Another thing I really want to do.

D-rock240 said:
What model is that? Looks great. Another thing I really want to do.

Its a generic stereo from autotoys.com

Its a VALOR multimedia center.

Attachments

• Jan 2007 (Medium).jpg
    Jan 2007 (Medium).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 291
  • Jan 15 2007 002 (Medium).jpg
    Jan 15 2007 002 (Medium).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 280
  • Jan 15 2007 011 (Medium).jpg
    Jan 15 2007 011 (Medium).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
how much did that run you? is it touch screen and is there a hide away module? looking to get a set up like this but not wanting to pay an arm and a leg.

i like the stock speakers...i replaced the P.O.S factory thing youd call a stereo and put in a JVC unit...you can see it in my slide show...i cant say nothing about the radio itself but for stock the speakers and sub sound pretty good

kudakev615 said:
is it touch screen and is there a hide away module? looking to get a set up like this but not wanting to pay an arm and a leg.

My thoughts exactly.

Back