Hypothetically speaking.....how much

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbos3

:
09 Metro MS3
I was just curious what people would consider paying for an 09 ms3 sport. This is not a for sale thread, just want know what people think. please give an honest amount with mods and completly stock. Keep in mind I have everything to make it stock so no extra purchases would need to be made. Maybe even a price for the car modded and the stock parts go with it. thanks in advance. 12xxx miles, no accidents, no bodywork, clean title, warranty intact, full synthetic oil change every 5000 miles. car never smokes.

2009 Mazdaspeed 3 Metro Gray Sport with mods:
-Exhaust Depot FMIC
-Cobb SRI
-Forge BPV
-Cobb RSB
-MSD Dashhawk
-Cobb AP
-Corksport Test Pipe
-SU Rear MM
-Solid Shifter Bushings
-20% Rear/30% Front Window Tint

Attachments

• P4080002.JPG
    P4080002.JPG
    612.7 KB · Views: 83
  • P4080003.JPG
    P4080003.JPG
    661.4 KB · Views: 103
  • P4080004.JPG
    P4080004.JPG
    682 KB · Views: 93
  • P4080005.JPG
    P4080005.JPG
    692.2 KB · Views: 101
  • P4080006.JPG
    P4080006.JPG
    686.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Agreed, I've NEVER gotten more money for a car because it had mods on it. The most you could ever expect is 25% of the value of the mods, best case.

thats what ive been hearing. its just a pita to return to stock and drive it around stock while i try to sell it. the car is so boring after having all the go fast parts on it. anyone have any thoughts on a stock ms3?

09 ms3

KBB says $17,500, Fair condition, $19,000 Good condition, $20,100 Excellent condition. I'd say remove the parts and return the car to stock as it would appeal to a larger market segment. Sell your aftermarket parts separately. I've never got top dollar for my aftermarket parts unless it was a post title application upgrade like a Shelby Mustang.
If you had to replace it, the cost would be over $30,000 to get the same performance easy, JMO.

KBB says $17,500, Fair condition, $19,000 Good condition, $20,100 Excellent condition. I'd say remove the parts and return the car to stock as it would appeal to a larger market segment. Sell your aftermarket parts separately. I've never got top dollar for my aftermarket parts unless it was a post title application upgrade like a Shelby Mustang.
If you had to replace it, the cost would be over $30,000 to get the same performance easy, JMO.

I tried to sell it a while back and was asking 19500 for it stock. everyone said i was crazy to be trying to get that much for it. I know i can get a couple thousand for all the parts by selling individually.

When you do decide to part out...>:)

Hey turbos3

When u decide to part out...let me know, I live in Artesia, and I'm looking at some of your mods and i would definitely take the AP off your hands...maybe the RSB. Let me know bud! (2thumbs)

Ok If anyone knows anyone wanting a ms3 let them know about this one. Stock or modded if there willing to pay for the mods. I'll post if I part out.

BTW, I would agree with what's been already said. You'll get better return if you part out than to sell it all together. I actually went to a dealership recently to look at another car. For s**** and giggles, I had them appraise my car. Mind you, it's a dealership so they will give you the least amount they can. So, I have a 08 Sport and they appraised it at $12,000. That's with mods. My point being, IF you do a trade it, dealerships won't care about the mods it's $0 in their eyes. And IF you sell privately, you'll either run into people who don't want mods, or would take the mods at less than half the original price because their main focus would be the car itself, not what's been done to it. Most people, myself included, would want a clean, untouched 'used' car. Just my $0.02. Good luck though!

To get a fair used value, I take the average of the KBB, Edmunds, and NADA. That is the most I will ever pay for a private sale on a completely stock car. As a seller, I would add anywhere from 5-10% to that value. Roughly $19,000-19,500. For comparison, I paid $18,500 for my GT when it was 1 year old at 26,000 miles. I felt that was a very good deal. I expected to pay $19-20k for it at the time.

Last edited:
I'd also be weary of shopping it around modded. You might actually push away more of a buyer base than you would gain. You'd get much more return from parting out. Few years ago I had a Talon TSI I was trying to sell. Had a few things done, but nothing major. Kept the mods on and tried to sell it for months....but nobody would bite. Returned it to stock and it was gone in the first week. The first thing people asked me (with the mods on), was did I race it? I didn't, but that's the first thing that comes to mind when buyers see mods.

Last edited:
IMHO I'd return the car back to stock. With that low amount of miles on the MS3, You should get a fairly decent price for it!

I'd say about: $17,000-$18,500 (stock)
And about : $ 1500 in part out, if you sell them individually.

So lets just say starting from the (least amount for both) $17k + $1500 you'd get about $18,5K and (The Max amount for both) $18,5k + $1500 you'd get about $20K. Sounds about what you're looking for isn't it.

This is assuming you get 1500 in you're used part out if you decide to part out. It's well Worth it! I mean what are you going to do if you sell the car with the modded parts on the MS3. Now you're going to have the stock parts Just sitting in the garage and you'll have a 75% better chance of selling the aftermarket parts on the forums or local.

This is just a Guesstimate as i don't really know the prices on what they really cost:

Used -Exhaust Depot FMIC...$350-400
Used -Cobb SRI..................$110
Used -Forge BPV.................$100
Used -Cobb RSB..................$150
Used -MSD Dashhawk...........$180
Used-Cobb AP.....................$475
Used -Corksport Test Pipe.....$70
Used -SU Rear MM...............$75
Used -Solid Shifter Bushings...$20

That's about $1530-1580 in total Part out.

I'd also be weary of shopping it around modded. You might actually push away more of a buyer base than you would gain. You'd get much more return from parting out. Few years ago I had a Talon TSI I was trying to sell. Had a few things done, but nothing major. Kept the mods on and tried to sell it for months....but nobody would bite. Returned it to stock and it was gone in the first week. The first thing people asked me (with the mods on), was did I race it? I didn't, but that's the first thing that comes to mind when buyers see mods.

Yeah +1
This is exactly what 75% of the people think when they see a modded car.

thanks for all the replies. I would honestly like to get atleast 19500 for it stock. I know I would have no problem selling the mods on here. I just wish i can keep the car the way it is until I get a buyer but like everyone said its gonna deture a potential buyer if they see the mods. So you guys think 19500 is fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back