Hwy 9 Fun Run!

im gonna take it easy anyways, i have a stock ass civic, but soon oh yes soon, ill post pics next week if everything goes to plan

Jliao said:
We should all do a snowboard trip to Tahoe sometimes...
im going up this weekend again if anybody wants to go, its eather gonna be on tues, or this weekend, let me know oging to seirra

I would actually be down to go, but I got a test next week and I really need to study. Also, have you been to other resorts yet this season? I haven't got a chance to go the others this season yet, but I really want to. Sierra is just seems too small and is always packed. In fact, I was there Saturday, it took me 6 mins to get down from the top and 20 mins of waiting in line. At the end of day, it was actually my first time that I wanted to go home because I was sick of waiting in line.

i was there sat. to, im just saying seirra cuz i have a season pass to there and northstar, ive been to kirkwood (way to expensive), borial (way to small), and thats about it, but id be down to go anywhere.

No drivey drive because I still have no car.

But the good news, I talked to them again today and got some pictures of the progress being made and the manifold is coming along. Unfortunately it's not a tubular design as originally planned, but a log style. We'll see how it goes. At this point, I just want my car up and running. It should still be an improvement over stock.

I wonder if a Spool mani would fit. I (obviously) don't know much about your set-up, or turbos in general for that matter, but that Spool mani is a beauty. That I can tell, even with my untrained eye. ;)

Nope no can do, because of the MSP exhaust positioning. Unfortunately, Mazda put the turbo in a really awkward place and all my other bits and pieces are MSP specific.

No one to this point has actually come through and produce an aftermarket manifold, except for Mental Addiction Motorsports. And even they didn't announce production of it until after I had called twice and been told twice they wouldn't create one. Thus SPD came to the rescue and agreed to create a manifold for me.

This one is similar to the Spool Log/Mental Addiction Motorsports/Flyin Protege Log style manifold. Only its designed for the Mazdaspeed which means it places the turbo in the proper orientation to meet up with my ION exhaust. It should hold some gains over the stock manifold, but not as much as a tubular would provide. It has a large "up pipe" that puts the turbo where Mazda placed it from the factory.

I like Alba(thumb)
Maybe we could meet at Black and take summit to boulder Creek, then down to Alba.

Back