Annual Mohican Fun Run ~ Sunday September 18, 2011

Sorry I couldn't be there guys :/ I had some cooling problems on the parade lap and didnt wanna push it too bad. Made it home so at least I was there for everything else. Lauri, thanks for letting us borrow the firepit, hopefully Levi or whoever had it got it back to you!

No problem, and yes it made it to Phen's for now, at least.

if anyone has a spare freedom shirt, or gift bag they wont use contact me, of course if youre willing to get rid of it. ill pay shipping. i just spent 40 for the weekend, 30 for a camping pass (that i didnt fill out or bother hanging) and didnt get a gift bag or shirt, and the wrong weight oil. kind of a bummer

Sorry about all that, not sure what time you got there, but i know i had goody bags out until around 5p or so ... and you should have been told that if we did NOT have the oil you use, it WOULD be sent to you ... so you WILL get your oil. I do have goody bags left, and had you waited at the covered bridge for us to return, i could've given you stuff. as for the shirt, let me know what size you need and i'll see what i can do. pm me your shirt size, the oil weight you want and your email addy and we'll get it taken care of ...

Aside from the road conditions in a few places, I consider it a successful fun run. I only have one request for next time. Let's not do this the same weekend as Mid-Ohio race weekend. I don't know about you other folks, but by the time Sunday comes around... I'm beat. It's a bit much to squeeze all in one weekend. Know what I mean?

DEFINATELY NOT on the same weekend as a car corral!!!!! I only did it so the out of towners could join us if they wanted to give it a go ... but it ended up none of them did anyway ... so from now on it'll definately be a separate event!! Especially since i was thinking I'd be home by 3ish until C-tree pooped out : (

umm ... say huh?! :)
My @ss went the wrong way on the gravel at one point and I had to slow down a bit. Not a fan of cliff diving with a car. (angel)

especially with ME in it!! Fez did a great job, considering he didn't know where he was going ... it's always tough for the group leader, because that person is the one hitting the blind turns, keeping an eye out for oncoming traffic or wild animals, etc ... everyone else can just follow along ...

Thanks to all who came along. Glad you all had fun. Sorry about the gravel, but without a pre-run, none of that can be predicted. Thanks to the small gang that hung around for the cook out while waiting for the lost tow truck driver ... i think he finally found us around 5p? due to having no signal on his phone ... : / and after making a pit stop at Big3 to drop off passengers, we finally got home by 7pm. WHEW, long ass day!!! i'm STILL tired!!!

What roads did you guys hit? I'm supposed to be heading down on a bike soon... And I don't want to hit gravel covered roads lol!

Gravel/fresh tar and chip was on Rinehart rd. in Belleville and a twp. rd outside of Loudonville. Chances are you wouldn't use either one.

Well another Mazda owner, besides Fez, is going to have to put some money into there car because of the fun run.

+3 now. Haha! I broke my crank underdrive pulley trigger plate. It's common but i thought I beefed it up enough before installing. Apparently not. But thankfully I still had my stocker and belts in the garage and it's a 30min swap.

I was just watching my Fun Run videos I took with my phone. Even just re-watching them is a freaking blast. Wes and I were laughing half the time. Haha

+3 now. Haha! I broke my crank underdrive pulley trigger plate. It's common but i thought I beefed it up enough before installing. Apparently not. But thankfully I still had my stocker and belts in the garage and it's a 30min swap.

I was just watching my Fun Run videos I took with my phone. Even just re-watching them is a freaking blast. Wes and I were laughing half the time. Haha

Was that causing the weird idle issues (it was bouncing a few times) and the stall?

Haha, I probably sound like a 6 year old, I had so much fun!

you should have heard fez and i screaming going up the hill to the stop sign where c-tree took a pooper ... we were trying to catch air and then the wind was knocked out of our sails : (

yep, i did. check the mid ohio picture thread

Hmmm....I don't see any posts with pics from you, unless I'm not looking in the correct place. I checked the "Ohio Events Photo Galleries" thread and only saw 2 posts of pics from Mid-ohio, but none from the fun run

thanks

here ya go :)

and these pictures (except for the second to last one of mine) are unaltered. if you want me to alter a photo to make it bolder and everything just let me know.

a few pics, the rest are in the Ohio Photo Gallery thread

MidOhioMazdaCorralSept2011025.jpg

i forget who climbing down from the "do not climb" wall
MidOhioMazdaCorralSept2011034.jpg

and how our day ended : (
MidOhioMazdaCorralSept2011035.jpg

i think all cylinders are intact, it runs fine for a little while if you clear the code or let it sit for a while, then is sputters and basically looses all power

Back