Mohican Fun Run ~ Saturday Sept 1, 2012

Probably a TERRIBLE idea to go on this run during the motor break in period.

He can run with the slow group, just don't over rev the motor.

Excuses, excuses.

Good call. I'm going to say all the regular stuff. Burgers, hot dogs, buns etc. I'm sure Marlon will chime in and let us all know the details.

where exactly is this at?

google map Lexington, OH and we start at intersection of I-71 and 97. it starts about 10 mins east of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, if that gives you a reference which is about 1/2 way between Cleveland and Columbus.

the Gorge Overlook picnic shelter IS available, but I'm not going to spend the money to rent it if it's only a handful of us going ... if the numbers stay low, we'll be able to find a picnic table somewhere in the park to cook out.

Shouldn't there be at least 6 for sure people going if that day was picked? Just saying.

little far for me, i was just up that way last weekend. i hate driving 71 between cinci and columbus lol

I'll be helping out on the farm so I can't make it, time for fall festivities already.

Glad you're checking the forums now and then again, V. See ya down there, man. :)

I will not be making it, I told my Dad that I would help getting the duck blind together.

The timing for this is pretty bad for me now. School started this week and I already have a ton of homework and a project due next week. Unfortunately I won't be able to make this since Saturday is the only day I'm free to do my homework. Sorry I've been dropping out of events. Work/School sucks the life out of me!

On top of school crap, my car doesn't feel fun-run worthy right now. I must hit too many damn potholes/bumps! Something is clunking pretty bad on the rear passenger side (probably sway bar endlinks or bushings). I also recently noticed another clunking noise coming from the front driver side suspension. This one sounds different than the rear so I don't know what it is. Something is definitely loose because I can feel the clunk through the floor when hitting a bump. I wish I had the time to figure out what's wrong.

I had similar issues for a while, make sure everything for the coilovers it tight: adjustments, bolts, etc

Thanks. I suspect something's loose on the coilover. I need to raise my ride height anyway so I'll make sure the adjustments and bolts are tight.

Last edited:
We were able to check out a few of the more curvy roads last night near Perrysville. They have been tar and chipped, luckily they dont have too much loose stuff on them but we won't be able to be as "spirited" on them. I will go and check out some of the others toward Bellville and Butler today.

** on the first post, the list is updated as of 8/30 at 1130am - with only 6 - 8 cars we won't bother with cooking out, we'll just grab lunch somewhere ... I've also been keeping an eye on the weather. 30% chance of rain/isolated thunder showers ... I guess that depends on how Isaac is moving. Will keep you posted. Please check the first post before you head out Saturday morning for any last minute updates/info!! **

Back