How to use FOGs as DRL on MS6

kalonov

:
MazdaSpeed6
I just moved to Canada with my MS6 and by law i must have (Day-time Running Lights) DRL on my speed6.
How do I know for sure my MS6 is equiped with DRL module? I know the circuit for DRL is there as well as DRL relay/fuse in place. It doesn't turn on though when I start the engine.

Dealership guy told that there is no wiring setup in my car for the DRL to work although the module is there. They want me to get a an aftermarket DRL kit.

Is there instructions on how to make Fogs lights come on when the IGNITION KEY is turned ON or when the engine is started, even with the LIGHTS SWITCH OFF (similar to DRLs work, and my Fogs should stay ON until i turn the IGNITION KEY to OFF position)?
I am not a big electrical expert and wouldn't want to spend few hundred dollars for the dealership to do this for me especially if it turns out to be as simple as patching couple of wires to make it work.

Thank you all

Cheers

Last edited:
I think you just need to install a relay. My car was imported from New Jersey, and the broker had to make sure that it was compliant before I could take possession. Now my parking lights are on all the time when the car is turned on.

Back