CX-9 DRL not working

Hi,

I’ve a problem in the lights of my CX9 and im wondering if somebody has the same.
The DRL is working fine in the day time, once i switch on the normal lights, the DRL is off.. i hope that i have clearly explained the problem

No it’s not normal,
The lights are always in auto
It’s normal to me. When you turn the headlights on either manually or by Auto, the DRLs will be off. What makes you think it’s not normal?

Model year、trim level、and mileage?

>DRL's not working

Sounds like a feature, not a bug!

(I turned mine off the day I got my car. I hate those things)

It’s normal to me. When you turn the headlights on either manually or by Auto, the DRLs will be off. What makes you think it’s not normal?

Model year、trim level、and mileage?
Dear,

It’s not normal since I noticed all the cars with the same specifications are not having this issue.
My car is 2019 , 104,000 KM

Have you confirmed it while driving (like by having someone else see you drive by)? If i recall correctly the DRL don’t turn on until a certain speed is reached (3mph or something like that).

Here is what the manual says. Based on the little *3 notes, it looks like the DRL are turned off when headlights are on in auto mode, but would be on in manual mode.

IMG_9722.png

IMG_9723.jpeg

Have you confirmed it while driving (like by having someone else see you drive by)? If i recall correctly the DRL don’t turn on until a certain speed is reached (3mph or something like that).
I’ve confirmed that and i’ve compared it with my friend’s car (which is identical to mine), im quite sure it’s abnormal

Dear,

It’s not normal since I noticed all the cars with the same specifications are not having this issue.
My car is 2019 , 104,000 KM

Trim level?

For the Gen2 CX-9, depending on the trim, the DRLs may be different. For example on the Signature trim, the DRLs are the LED "halos/eyebrows". When the lights are set to OFF and the car is in motion, the LED DRLs are at full brightness. When the lights are on, the LED halos are dimmer but the low beam headlight and the parking lights are on.

On a lower trim that doesn't have the LED halos/eyebrows, there is only the low beam headlight that operates at a slightly lower brightness as the DRLs. When the lights are on, the low beam operates at full brightness and the parking lights are on.

Which headlights do you have, halos or no halos?

Latest posts

Back