How To: Retrofit HID projectors into P5 headlights

It might have come with the adapters then, so you saved a little bit of cash there but the bulbs are still an issue.

So D2S bulbs come in different sizes or something? Why does the DDM ones not work and the morimoto ones do

The DDM ones are D2S base however they are cut slightly different than the standard OEM D2S bulb which makes it not fit into the FX-R bulb socket. The Morimotos are OEM replicas and one of the best aftermarket bulbs available.

Avoid Chinese bulbs like the DDM's at all costs.

The DDM ones are D2S base however they are cut slightly different than the standard OEM D2S bulb, and the Morimotos are OEM replicas and one of the best aftermarket bulbs available.

Avoid Chinese bulbs like the DDM's at all costs.

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up (bowdown)

No problem. Give retrofit source a call, they should be able to hook you up with a set for pretty cheap since you just placed an order. You mentioned me when you ordered right? They gave an extra 5% off if you do.

No problem. Give retrofit source a call, they should be able to hook you up with a set for pretty cheap since you just placed an order. You mentioned me when you ordered right? They gave an extra 5% off if you do.

Yea I mentioned you. Paid $208 for what I ordered. Think I saved like 20 bux or so

Do our cars have reverse polarity? This is from the DDM website "Warning: Some vehicles may have reverse polarity. Reverse polarity can cause a BOW to explode. We recommend wearing safety glasses and closing your hood before testing the BOW on your vehicle."

As far as I know mine didn't. Good luck with your setup! If you have any questions PM me on here or hit me up on AIM.

And you mentioned headlight color earlier, I would keep everything chrome (including the shrouds) if you don't want black accents (or don't have any other black accessories to go with it), otherwise I would hit the reflector/lens bezel with Niteshade and maybe leave the shrouds chrome like I did if you want a little variety and not completely blacked out headlight.

i didn't even look. my fale. btw, talked with the gf about doin this on the jeep... she might be down. needs new headlight housings anyway. lol

How much extra did they charge? Also look at my previous post, I just edited it.

I know the D2S kit is extra, it might be because it comes with the adapters. If it does you're ok but you still need new bulbs.

Got an email back from DDM. They said the D2S kits come with the adapter, hence the $15 extra

Got the parts in the mail today including the projectors. Weird. The email said they were out of stock. Now just waiting for my DDM HID kit to arrive

Latest posts

Back