How To: Retrofit HID projectors into P5 headlights

Here is what the end of my harness looks like. Would I connect the projector wires to the connector I circled in red?

Attachments

• DSC01315.JPG
    DSC01315.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 226
I'll just have to find a way for it to fit as the projector wires are flat and won't fit into the holes in the connector since they are round

You can splice some rounded pegs in place of the spade connectors, they are at Home Depot and such.

The DDM ones are D2S base however they are cut slightly different than the standard OEM D2S bulb which makes it not fit into the FX-R bulb socket. The Morimotos are OEM replicas and one of the best aftermarket bulbs available.

Avoid Chinese bulbs like the DDM's at all costs.

I test fitted the DDM bulbs and they fit perfectly fine.... (shrug). Also, did you paint your headlight bezels? I seen in another thread you have chrome bezels

Last edited:
Yeah a few of those pictures aren't mine, I painted my bezels awhile back though, way before I did my retrofit.

I think with how the bezel sits you want the fatter end to go up on top so everything clears.

That is a nice retrofit no doubt, but I hate to see what he paid. I need to buy some Ebay headlights so I can swap those lenses over to mine and be completely clean.

quoting him

Custom TSX Projector Retrofit alone was 675$.
The CCFL rings were and additional 65$.
No it doesn't include that HID kit itself. That price is for the parts and labor.
I purchased my 55watt DS2 5000k HID Kit from lightwerks for 199$

So $939 plus shipping em (cost me $50 to ship my box of retro parts to chico in PR each way)

Awesome wright up! I'll being doing this really soon just trying not to get distracted from my turbo build lol

Back