How-To install a turbo timer * Write up *

I also soldered everything as per the first guys recommendation. It works great and I dont have to sit in a parking lot for a minute plus looking like a douche anymore.

if you take out the cup holder and find the ebrake wire with just it out you can very carefully trim the plastic shield like cover and use a crimp in splice. took me about 10 mins for the ebrake wire to be in and good this way. i got tired of that damn e brake warning beep and wanted the security of the car turning off if the ebrake drops in case of theft, also in case i forget to engage it its nice the tt beeps at me.

i used those crimp on splices so there was no soldering and it made it pretty easy to get into tight spaces. the nice thing about them is when you remove them there is only little cuts on the wires, no cutting needed though.

wire guage size so as not to clip the wires? I may be jumping the gun because i'm just reviewing which one I want Apexi or Greddy... not sure.

wire guage size so as not to clip the wires? I may be jumping the gun because i'm just reviewing which one I want Apexi or Greddy... not sure.

I would also like to know the stock wiring gauge so we can use the snap on ones where you dont need to cut and solder. Just got my special edition black HKS type-0. Going away this weekend, but next weekend, watch out, you're going in my car!!

The wires my guess are 16 gauge wires.

For anyone looking for a turtorial to install the Apexi Auto Timer in the Speed3, lemme know.. I did mine last night with the O2 Sensor wire and it works great.
I intend on taking pics and writing up a document sometime this weekend.

The wires my guess are 16 gauge wires.

For anyone looking for a turtorial to install the Apexi Auto Timer in the Speed3, lemme know.. I did mine last night with the O2 Sensor wire and it works great.
I intend on taking pics and writing up a document sometime this weekend.

+1 im thinking about picking one of these up.

For you who have installed the TT to the specs in this thread, are you still able to lock your car and arm the alarm w/ the remote while the car is running on the TT?

Great, thanks for the replies and the write-up. And now... the real project is finding time to install it.

installed my hks TT today. wasnt as bad as i thought. just one question. does anyone else get that "bog" every time you take the key out?

I wanna say I get a very very slight one, but something you need to look for. On mine it sounds like it shuts off rougher when the engine finally goes... but maybe its because I'm outside the car?

It might be that I am expecting something to happen, the skip is probably just me.

Did you check to make sure all of your connections were solid?

It might be that I am expecting something to happen, the skip is probably just me.

Did you check to make sure all of your connections were solid?

yea everything is fine. kinda weird. blk/red, grn/ylw, and ylw were the wires i tapped into. i found a solid ground. everything else is cool except for that odd bog when i take the key out.

::edit::
heres a picture of my finished product.

2840991127_eb63ab9ab7_b.jpg

and got it to clear the door :)
2841826740_a33458a314_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back