Multiple Misfires without an engine light!

I don’t purchase from Rock Auto either.. I’l leave it there
I just went to Mazda and spent $200.00 for my new spark plugs 🤷🏻‍♂️ I went and test drove it and it does appear more responsive & peppier 👌😁 ZOOMZOOM RULES👌😁

I hope that this helps people that need new spark plugs, strictly buy OEM from MAZDA & it says on the box, Made in Japan 👌😁👌😁

I just went to Mazda and spent $200.00 for my new spark plugs 🤷🏻‍♂️ I went and test drove it and it does appear more responsive & peppier 👌😁 ZOOMZOOM RULES👌😁

I hope that this helps people that need new spark plugs, strictly buy OEM from MAZDA & it says on the box, Made in Japan 👌😁
I would suggest to contact NGK USA asking them to verify if your plug set from Parts Avatar is legit. This’d help members to make decision whether they should get aftermarket NGK plugs which are much cheaper than OEM NGK plugs. If you aren’t willing to pay double for OEM plugs, make sure to get NGK plugs from authorized NGK resellers (I believe Advanced Auto Parts is a one). One member used the price-matching to Rock-Auto and get a NGK set from Advanced Auto with good savings and greater peace of mind.

I would suggest to contact NGK USA asking them to verify if your plug set from Parts Avatar is legit. This’d help members to make decision whether they should get aftermarket NGK plugs which are much cheaper than OEM NGK plugs. If you aren’t willing to pay double for OEM plugs, make sure to get NGK plugs from authorized NGK resellers (I believe Advanced Auto Parts is a one). One member used the price-matching to Rock-Auto and get a NGK set from Advanced Auto with good savings and greater peace of mind.
Here in Canada is a little bit different. NGK Canada is the distributor and they might be importing these plugs from another source. Spark plugs made in Thailand can be perfectly legit but they are not made in Japan anymore - could be quality control issue and certain percentage of them might be slightly out of specs, enough to cause different issues. Usually you need to buy 4 of them - now find the one causing the problem? I am planning to check with local Mazda dealer and if they still sell "Made in Japan" version then I probably overpay and buy from them. Maybe now it is a part of the deal for Mazda - exclusively they still get the Japanese version for much higher price. You want the cheap one, well take a risk and try the one from Thailand. Just my guess :) .

Here in Canada is a little bit different. NGK Canada is the distributor and they might be importing these plugs from another source. Spark plugs made in Thailand can be perfectly legit but they are not made in Japan anymore - could be quality control issue and certain percentage of them might be slightly out of specs, enough to cause different issues. Usually you need to buy 4 of them - now find the one causing the problem? I am planning to check with local Mazda dealer and if they still sell "Made in Japan" version then I probably overpay and buy from them. Maybe now it is a part of the deal for Mazda - exclusively they still get the Japanese version for much higher price. You want the cheap one, well take a risk and try the one from Thailand. Just my guess :) .
Mazda does sell OEM “Value Line” spark plugs which are about the same price as the aftermarket NGK plugs. Not sure who made them but they’re made in Mexico with “Mazda” imprint on the ceramic insulator. If I want go cheap, these Mazda OEM “Value Line” spark plugs can be my alternative.

The NGK that were made in Thialand the new ones from Mazda are made in Japan 👌

Also OP, glad you found your issue.

My CX-5 was having some rough idling and throwing some random misfire codes. I pulled my intake manifold and cleaned my intake valves with walnut shells.

Night and day difference.

Mazda does sell OEM “Value Line” spark plugs which are about the same price as the aftermarket NGK plugs. Not sure who made them but they’re made in Mexico with “Mazda” imprint on the ceramic insulator. If I want go cheap, these Mazda OEM “Value Line” spark plugs can be my alternative.
The NGK that I had put in last summer were made in Thailand, and the new spark plugs from Mazda today are made in Japan. On my drive to work tonight I noticed my CX-5 is smoother 👌😁

I have been following this topic and just today I started the new thread but your situation got me worried a little. Here in Canada I just checked Canadian Tire and I found the same spark plugs from NGK. I noticed that on Parts Avatar they are listed under NGK Canada and the clerk at Canadian Tire also told me that they are made in Canada however when he brought me the set of 4 to check, they were manufactured in Thailand. They are significantly cheaper than the one from Mazda dealer (CT - $22, Mazda dealer - $51). It is almost too good to be true. I would like to save money but really don't have time to deal with any complications.
After what I just experienced, I’m strictly buying OEM Dealer spark plugs. Piece of mind.

Latest posts

Back