How-To: Home Depot (HD) Lip

heres mine did it today
looks good
2000 mazda protege LX
IMGP1151.jpg

I did mine today. It was easy. It does look nice. I may have to do adjustments as time moves on. It is an easy fix over time. I would like the AE one with the side and rear lips but so expensive.

I can't find it here in Jersey.
Been to Lowes & Home Depot.
The best they have is the soft rubber version but otherwise, same spec's.
It seems very flimsy and believe it will come off at highway speeds.

Any suggestions?

I can't find it here in Jersey.
Been to Lowes & Home Depot.
The best they have is the soft rubber version but otherwise, same spec's.
It seems very flimsy and believe it will come off at highway speeds.

Any suggestions?

Trust me, I do an average of about 95 - 110mph on the freeways here in Houston, it doesn't come off. The only thing that you will have to worry about taking it off are curbs.

Trust me, I do an average of about 95 - 110mph on the freeways here in Houston, it doesn't come off. The only thing that you will have to worry about taking it off are curbs.

please do not talk about driving recklessly like that. That is not a rule violation, however any talk of street racing is. Thanks.

and yeah, I took mine off on a curb...

please do not talk about driving recklessly like that. That is not a rule violation, however any talk of street racing is. Thanks.

and yeah, I took mine off on a curb...

I was over-exagerating, of coarse. I only meant that it wouldn't fly off at freeway/highway speeds. I don't street race at all, I go autocrossing instead.

i just did thos today before work, and didnt even have time to take a pic on my P5, and by the time i got home (half hr ago) i check it and its GONE! Im like " WTF! "

sooo, guess the 3m didnt work when its freezing out... hate work :/ wish i would of had more time, now i lost 10$ :( BS! lol

But i did really love the look.

i just did thos today before work, and didnt even have time to take a pic on my P5, and by the time i got home (half hr ago) i check it and its GONE! Im like " WTF! "

sooo, guess the 3m didnt work when its freezing out... hate work :/ wish i would of had more time, now i lost 10$ :( BS! lol

But i did really love the look.

Now, you did follow up the 3m tape with some supporting screws every so often right?? I mean, the screws are the ones that are supposed to hold it one; the tape is the one that keeps it from looking saggy.

yes!...well, no. I had them ready and i even made a trip with a hole on each end like some1 did with metal brackets, but i had to go to work (i was already running late!) so i left it and it had sagged when i got to work. And i fixed it before i left.. but its gone now. I WAS going to do another today but, SNOWSTORM #2 today in Michigan (seems like it).

yes!...well, no. I had them ready and i even made a trip with a hole on each end like some1 did with metal brackets, but i had to go to work (i was already running late!) so i left it and it had sagged when i got to work. And i fixed it before i left.. but its gone now. I WAS going to do another today but, SNOWSTORM #2 today in Michigan (seems like it).
not trying to give u crap, but if u do it right, the only thing that will rip it off is the road.

Oh, I know. I just wish thati had more time to set it up before work that day. I should of waited to do it another time.

I bought another one during my break yesterday, and hopefully putting it up later today. Ill post pics too if I do it.

alca0811 said:
not trying to give u crap, but if u do it right, the only thing that will rip it off is the road.

or a parking curb like mine...

Back