How To: headlight black out for P5!

G-OLD! right, ur gonna paint em' gold and have two tone headlight assemblies, chrome and gold hahah

I'm going "platinum"....lol

Naa, just black...just gonna try something else, plus I won't have my front bumper side markers by this summer so I need to work something out like the sedan's lights.

When I went to insepct my car this year they gave me a hard time about it, since I painted them. But if the Headlight corner has some type of reflector I should be o.k.

Don't know if this is a NY State thing...but it actually made sence to me..."safety"

I'm going "platinum"....lol

Naa, just black...just gonna try something else, plus I won't have my front bumper side markers by this summer so I need to work something out like the sedan's lights.

When I went to insepct my car this year they gave me a hard time about it, since I painted them. But if the Headlight corner has some type of reflector I should be o.k.

Don't know if this is a NY State thing...but it actually made sence to me..."safety"

maybe you need to find a new inspection station - i have a sedan with p5 headlights, no corner marker, and passed state inspection - they didn't even mention anything about the lights, let alone the header i also have.

Anybody seen a white pro5 with whited out headlights? I'm contemplating doing my wife's white.

Tylor

never seen it yet but I'm sure color matching would look cool. Do it, go for it, post pics. I'm also debating on color matching but I'm lazy to take my headlights apart "again" LOL

i think on a white it would be as nice as say on a red or blue, but why not, go for it

I havn't taken her headlights apart yet. I just gotta find time to do it. She wants to help on it, so, I'll get her in there pulling the bumper and working on her own car.

Just gotta find the right white now.

Tylor

are u guys painting the entire back of the light, or are you leaving the reflective "cone" ill call it right around the bulb stock?

when you take apart your headlight, you will see that it is completely separate from the other part

2 screws and the part you paint comes off the chrome reflectors.

Yes, DO NOT PAINT THE REFLECTORS!!!

I'll try to get some pics cause the ones at the start of this thread are not worky

Tylor

haha, right, i noticed that as i was looking at pics, im getting a new bumper to replace my broken one, i rearended ppl twice hence broken clips everywhere and a crack right underneath the passenger headlight bottom right corner. So when i take the old one off i will eventually get around to doing this, heck why not right?

YES! OMG thanks, the pics havnt been working for a while, but im not doing this untill march! so hopefully pics are still there by then

you could also get the instructions from xenon.com under the DDE KIT. Actually easier if u search the forums for the xenon dde kit installation .PDF file. Thats the instructions i used. Its basically the same thing w/o the halo lights. Do the DDE kit its sick with a lifetime warrenty though practically impossible to contact them.

i saw that a while ago, i might get them, depending on how much i get for tax returns, mmm blacked out headlights with DDE kit on yellow turbo'd p5 mmmm

Back