How To: headlight black out for P5!

I don't remember any lingering smell from the headlight baking....

Myabe thats cuz I spray paintd in my bafroom...with the dour clozed....

Followed this thread step by step. Thank you!! only trouble i had was after baking the head light being able to open it up. I found the trick was right after 10 min take it out and start prying the top edge with a flat head and do the whole top. Once you see it start to seperate just pry it with your hands and the bottom should come apart as well. GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE WHO ELSE TRYS THIS! PICS!!!

Nice job (thumb) That is a must mod for a white p5, it looks so much better than the chrome.

ok so to get the headlights off you have to take off the bumper. it's pretty straightforward but there's some tricky parts. unbolt the mudguards on the bottom and the two 10mm bolts attaching it to the undercarriage. then get up under the fender well and unbolt the two 10mm bolts attaching it to the fenders.

can someone get photos of these for me? i was going to black mine out today but i wasnt sure where to find these and when i thought i found them the first bolt i went to unscrew it and the bolt head broke off from the rest of the thread. so before i destroy anymore of my car i would like to make sure im doing it to the right bolts :)

found where everything is but my car is so rusted and a pita that 30 minutes in i realized it wasnt gonna happen (not to mention my dg lip would have to come off as well), so it looks like the headlights are staying chrome forever, which sucks cause my car would look sooo much better with these bad boys blacked out...:'(

DSCF1079.jpg

wow nice car! and i dont think u have to take your dg lip off do u?
i mean u can just cut the plastic fender lining with something and still take the bumper off with the lip

about those eyelids, are yours in good shape? cuz when i got mine they were already cracked and one had a small hole in it, i bought them brand new from PG

(huh) spray all those bolts down with pb blaster the night before and then have at it!!

wow nice car! and i dont think u have to take your dg lip off do u?
i mean u can just cut the plastic fender lining with something and still take the bumper off with the lip

about those eyelids, are yours in good shape? cuz when i got mine they were already cracked and one had a small hole in it, i bought them brand new from PG

Thanks, but yea the way my lip is it is attached i would have to take it off, at least the part in the wheel well. But yea my eyelids are in great shape, when I got them but I bought them from a person in the f/s section. If yours got damaged in shipping I would pm Ken and see about getting a refund.

(huh) spray all those bolts down with pb blaster the night before and then have at it!!

Yea I might do that one day and try again, maybe when i swap out wheels or when i have another day with nothing to do.

And flash5, what fogs are those?

I think you are mainly referring to the covers. The fog lights are Catz, which are the yellow ones that most p5 owners with yellow fogs have. The covers are specifically made for these lights and since the yellow kinda looked off I went out and bought the covers off of ebay. They were $12 shipped and look great. Bought them off of the same guy I got the lights from. They might fit the stock fog lights but I have honestly never seen them on any other p5 before Catz or otherwise (which is why I like them the most :))

Yea I might do that one day and try again, maybe when i swap out wheels or when i have another day with nothing to do.

Next time you want to give this a try, let me know. I would be happy to lend a hand.

Hmm....I wonder what red on red would look like? Not sure if I want red or black? Anyone have pics of red on red?

not red on red but blue on blue and yellow on yellow... there r links earlier on this thread i believe... and look at a red Honda Fit... their headlights are color matched...

Blackouts covers from Auto Ventshade and Xenon/GTS are just the coolest things and all headlight, taillight and fog lamp applications are offered in pairs!

Ayt?

Back