How To: Ebay FMIC

My boost is at 9 psi, no beaded ends and have never blown a coupler off. No hair spray either.

Thanks guys! I figured at the 8-9psi I plan on running, that beaded pipe ends would not be necessary, but I just wanted to be sure.

Also have you guys been welding a flange for your BOV or did you just purchase a fitting for the BOV?

Thanks for the help

I just had the flange welded to a short piece as it made up the difference in length from one pipe to my MAF but theres no reason you cant just weld it to a pipe where you want it. Just be sure thats where you definitely want it :D

I just had the flange welded to a short piece as it made up the difference in length from one pipe to my MAF but theres no reason you cant just weld it to a pipe where you want it. Just be sure thats where you definitely want it :D

ya I think I'm just going to buy the flange welded to a short piece of pipe just to be certain lol...

thanks for your help evilmonkeymsp. Hey do you also still have that mazdaspeed vinyl stencil you used or know where I could get one I am very interested if you don't mind me copying your idea.

Thanks lol

Send a PM to Jackelope on the forums and let him know what you need. He's our resdident vinyl guy and thats who I got mine from.

Steal away by all means. Mine still looks fantastic :D

Hi guys, I still pretty new to this whole having a Turbo thing and have two questions about getting one of the CXRacing kits.

1. Will re-locating the MAF and/or increasing the airflow cause my check engine light to come on? I live in an emissions area, so stupid thing has to be off for me to pass.
2. Will the stock injectors work fine with a FMIC or do I need larger injectors?

Back story, when I purchased my MSP, it had all this expensive after market stuff on it and the car ran like complete garbage. Multiple trips to Lethal Injection Motorsports and thousands of dollars later, my car is almost back to complete stock. All the after market stuff is gone, other than a upgraded intake. I have the injectors that were on the car, but I don't know what kind they are, someone on here suggested they are the WRX injectors (they are blue/light blue). So, if I need larger injectors, I have them. I put the car back to stock because the person that had it before me REALLY F*ked it up putting all the crap on wrong and not tuning it correctly. Now that it is back to stock, I wanna put a few upgrades on it, but nothing crazy. It's my daily after all.

tl;dr: Is my check engine light going to come on and do I need larger injectors?

My engine light never came on so I will say that no it will not cause a CEL, and you also don't need larger injectors until you start pushing 11-12 psi of boost or more.

I believe other people have said that this has happened to them, but since installing the FMIC I'm running between 7.5-8psi, spiking upwards of ~8.75psi. I was running right below 7psi with the OE side mount. I had left the side mount in the vehicle, so I reinstalled the factory piping to the side mount to see if this was an inaccuracy with my gauge or something had been altered in some way while installing the FMIC. When I went back to using the OE side mount, the boost level went back to ~7psi. Then reinstalled the FMIC piping to unitilize the FMIC and boost levels are back at 7.5-8psi range and spiking to ~8.75psi indicating that it is, in fact, the FMIC causing this. It doesn't bother me to run within this range at all, I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Yes, boost will increase natuarally with this mod, just as it does when you upgrade the exhaust.

I guess the larger piping flows more air? My Forge WGA spikes like a b**** so I didn't notice an increase in boost, not to mention I got my EBC after installing the FMIC.

Back