How To: Ebay FMIC

Just thought of something... Put it in the charge piping totally, leaving only the wiring exposed from the outside by going in through a coupler... Hmmm....

Ok, I'm not trying to be a dick but you're not paying attention...The IAT sensor really does nothing when it comes to tuning. Putting it in the cold air isnt going to make any difference so you're really just wasting time even thinking of something to do with it besides leaving it plugged in.

Ok, I'm not trying to be a dick but you're not paying attention...The IAT sensor really does nothing when it comes to tuning. Putting it in the cold air isnt going to make any difference so you're really just wasting time even thinking of something to do with it besides leaving it plugged in.
Prior to me doing this, I'm going to view the live data with my Verus, then do so with my rigged IAT, to see what my values are. I'm interested in where my timing is at more so than the actual increase in fuel being supplied.

I have my IAT sensor tucked away between the battery and fuse box, no CEL. There is no way the wires could survive intact if you ran them between a coupler and pipe and clamp it down so you are just risking having the sensor seperate and get sucked to the TB or worse. I was about to drill a hole in my cold pipe for the IAT sensor when I realized the grommet wouldnt be able to hold boost pressure.

Hey horns, you bought the same kit as me right? In black?

Did you have any of the 2 90 degree pipes left over?

This is the hot side of my set up, today i will finish with it and post some pictures.

IMAG0254.jpg

Good stuff :) Hopefully mine will look closer to that once I clean it up.

One suggestion on what I did, cut the silver heat wrap off the stock hot pipe and wrap some around the AC line that touches the piping. Should ensure there wont be any heat transfer there and keep your AC cool.
This is the hot side of my set up, today i will finish with it and post some pictures.

IMAG0254.jpg

Speedpx: now that looks different. Post more pics of the hot side once u are done with it. I see that u were able to keep your stock fan that way. I guess we have all been use to seeing it done with the U pipe that we really didn't bother to try another way lol

lol guess you didnt see my pics above? I did the same thing when I rerouted over the past weekend.

Theres a perfect channel running up there if you get the coupler right. Works perfect. Mine is just a mess becuase I had already slaughtered all my pipes and had to use what I had lol

I'd say this is the way to go for anyone else taking this on...no need for wasting money on slim fans.
Speedpx: now that looks different. Post more pics of the hot side once u are done with it. I see that u were able to keep your stock fan that way. I guess we have all been use to seeing it done with the U pipe that we really didn't bother to try another way lol

It's a nice idea. I Think I still have the same pipe that he used. Just incase if someone wants to buy it and route their setup this way. I also have a 45*,90* and a 2-2.5 inch reducer,1 straight coupler . All brand new. just throwing it out there since u guys can use some of these parts

I have my IAT sensor tucked away between the battery and fuse box, no CEL. There is no way the wires could survive intact if you ran them between a coupler and pipe and clamp it down so you are just risking having the sensor seperate and get sucked to the TB or worse. I was about to drill a hole in my cold pipe for the IAT sensor when I realized the grommet wouldnt be able to hold boost pressure.
You think that I'm going drive around with an IAT left in my charge piping???

SpeedPX, very clean looking install you have there!

I have this idea on mind but i was waiting for some couplers to come , they send me the wrong ones then a had to wait for 3 weeks to get them; this way you keep stock fans in their locations, I'll post pictures when I finished, just need the intake pipe to finish.

Hey horns, you bought the same kit as me right? In black?

Did you have any of the 2 90 degree pipes left over?

I did and unfortunately I only have two straight pipes left. I may re-do my hotpipe like you did, although I may slip the other 10" fan instead of the stockers. Apparently stepping up to a 12" fan can move a lot more air but I don't want to buy new fans again. AC works fine unless i'm sitting still, i'm gonna take the washers out of my hood and see if that helps cooling, seems like it should do the opposite.

Well, after reading what you said I don't know what to think.

This was also followed by me saying I was doing this just to see what my timing values were at. I didn't plan on leaving it that way indefinitely!

But anyway, I've checked my hot side and cold side of my charge pipes with my infrared thermal gun and I'm showing a consistent 40-45 degree temperature difference! That's pretty significant...

And I found my cause of fuel cut. I smoked it again and found the charge pipe leaking on the cold side behind my inner fender well. I guess I didn't allow enough time for the smoke to fill all the charge piping or maybe I just didn't look hard enough. So, tightened up the clamp and all is well now. It still has a very mild hesitation at about 4,500rpm, but negligible to what I was experiencing and only following a quick acceleration.

Last edited:
Back