How To: Ebay FMIC

So i'm looking at getting similar kit but am deciding if I should order one with the BOV flange included or not. Is it recommended to use a BOV or to just keep the BPV? If so for BPV, how would you add that into the mix with the hardpipes? thanks.,

Did you run into problems with the hardlines on the hot side?

took a little bit to get the pipes just right, but not really any problems. i did move the power steering lines a little

Okay to get the actual FMI mounted into the front bar how the hell am I supose to drill wholes theough that metal ... I Tryed with a plug in power drill... And got a pin whole out of it lol maybe tourching it first...? That was my issue and why I just have the pipes ran to my SMI for now ...

start with a smaller drill bit, then maybe try a uni-bit after you got it started. I am waiting for my kit to come in, so i'll be there soon

Yea my biggest issue is getting it mounted ... And let's so after 2 urs of drilling these wholes how is the screw going to stay in there with no nut on the other side ....

Go to harbor freight and buy a pack of 1/4" drill bits for $4 and go to town....it didnt take much to drill holes for mine. I only drilled through one plate on the crach bar and cut a hole in the back so I could get the bolt in there and tighten it down.

Dont think my sawzow would fit to cut the back... What kind of drill did u use... I have. A bluff in drill.....

I used a corded drill to drill the holes for the mounting screws and I used a air cutting tool to cut holes in the back of the bar.

Yeah I dnt have my aircompresure, at my brothers house.... Just the plug in sawzow .... And maybe a few other things but not for cutting mettle more for wood lol

Yeah Ive looked at them, some are done in kinda sloppy way others ran nice, wich takes more time... I want it too look nice and done right.as well, is it worth having it done perfecianaly for around $200-$300... Or spend 8 hrs to do it my self ..... And hope I can do it lol maybe wait till the spring too.... ?

Just went over to the hardwear store on my break got new.drill bits $7 a pc... And some new screws too, cuz the ones it. Came with are like 2/4-3/4 so need somthing smaller .... Might try and drill all the way through so i got ling screws and short ones as well just in case lol hope the new.bits will work , they R made to go through steel .... Now its how to run the pipes through all that ....

So started my install last night, figured I'd be able to finish today but did not go as planned. Started by mounting the intercooler, which is a 27 x 5.5 x 2.5 . Got my cold side all set up except I need a larger coupler for MAF sensor as you'll see in the picture. the Hot side has become a little problem, as noted on this thread earlier, the AC pipe is in the way, and for me it appears the Bottom radiator hose is also a slight issue. So After I did cold side, I figured I try and line bumper up, and as you can probably guess the fog light housing is hitting the cold pipe. .....Gonna try and move it alittle but does anyone have any advice for me? Here are some pics

2011-12-25 11.54.46.jpg2011-12-25 11.55.22.jpg2011-12-25 11.53.44.jpg2011-12-25 11.55.39.jpg

You can trim the back of the bumper cover to fit better, but I fit my piping in without cutting any of it. I cut the bottom of the metal that comes down right near the bend of the pipe for the cold pipe for more clearance. The MAF will fit into a 2.5" coupler, I did that on my car and it worked great.

My IC is mounted in about the same spot as yours and honestly I wish mine sat another inch or so higher. The way the core is mounted on top with the tabs will be visible through the front grille so maybe shoot those with some black paint when you are done.

You do have to fix the coldpipe though, don't use part of the stock plastic pipes that is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back