How to: Change your Valve Body

Update: Valvebody is in. I put it in weeks ago at the same time with my turbo. The shift from 1st to 2nd is a little bit slower then stock but everyother gear is fast and hard. Got to get used to it because I can be in gear by the time I hit 25mph lol. Install was sooo easy. Only took a couple hours.

Slower- as in it seems to go through that weird "slip" that autos do when shifting gears, only now it's longer?

What type of fluid did you use?

Slower- as in it seems to go through that weird "slip" that autos do when shifting gears, only now it's longer?

What type of fluid did you use?

Not a slip, just takes a half second longer to shift. I used royal purple synthetic atf. Its sold on protegegarage.

I think I'm going to stick with Red Line D4 fluid. I've had it in there since 30,000 miles (at about 61,000 now).

Forward Clutch Tap

Hello! My name is Vladimir. 50+ years old. Moved to USA from Ukraine in 1999. I have 8 children and 6 grandkids. I also have Mazda Protege LX 2003 2.0L, automatic transmission (jerkit)...... That one (transmission) failed on 56,000mi- forward clutch slippage.
I replaced overdrive kit and band. Still, problem is present. In reverse grip great. Main line Pressure port gives normal pressure tests. There are two more ports, just above the servo and forward accumulators. Test there showed 0 Psi on each. I guess, these are forward and reverse clutches pressure, aren't they? If yes, what readings should be there on D or R position? It is hard to believe there should be zero psi... Specially, after reading this book online- http://books.google.com/books?id=U4TBoJB2zgsC&pg=PA1062&dq=Oil+leaking+from+forward+clutch+hydraulic+circuit&hl=en&ei=m13XTKfYDsKclgeU5ISBCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Oil%20leaking%20from%20forward%20clutch%20hydraulic%20circuit&f=false

Valve body

hi every on . i have a problem with the transmission I got Really strong shock when the gear change from 3-4 I saw the service bulletin From mazda say that I need to change the control valve body , I don't know if I should since the shock happens only when I Accelerate , and it is been from a year before and I am kinda get used to it , if i continue Driving is it gonna harm the Gear ????
and if I want to change does the Valve body from lantech gonna work out for me .
please Replay..ASAP

Back