how many miles have you put on your ride?

Hey people just my .02 cents. but I have been jaround cars for a while and working on my own, even built a few of my own. and as far as I'm concerned synthetic oil should not be used until after at least the 1st oil change. (I wait until about 9000 miles to switch over.!) The reason I do this is because synthetic oil has such a great lubricating function that it does not allow the rings and some other parts to break in correctly. this is what i've read and been tolld numerious times. Just a heads up and it is only a suggestion! the car came with non-synthetic so it wouldn't hurt to leave it that way for a little while longer anyway!

I've got 2600 miles on mine got it on 9-25-01. already had one oil change at 1400 got another one in 200 miles. i'm using semi-synthetic(Durablend)

wheelguruuu:

I've heard the same thing, but then I asked some other people the same question and they said that synthetic can be used right from the factory. Look at BMW and I think Porsche might do it as well. It's a touchy subject though.

One person says one thing another person says something completely different. And yet another guy said don't use synthetic at all. Who knows? everyone is gonna have an opinion on this.

Originally posted by Linuxninja:
<STRONG>I have had mine since July 10th, and am just shy of 14K miles. I have had 2 oil changes, and (Royal Purple Synthetic) am getting another on Monday. :cool:</STRONG>
I now have Approxamately 16,000 Mi. (I work 40+ miles away in Allen, TX) on my ride. The warranty will be gone in no time!

You guys drive ALOT!! 9000 miles in 3 months?!?! That is crazy, but hey, it shows you enjoy your car and that is all that matters.

10,501 miles since aug drove it to california no problem raced it in san antonio raced in dallas,houston,no problem.

Originally posted by jayrcr:
<STRONG>OH ya 8 bottles of nitrous no problem!</STRONG>

Yeah, Hopefully I can be saying the same damn thing if I can look at your setup!

I bought mine in June and I put over 5,000 on mine so far. I changed the oil at like 80 miles and put synthetic in it and have changed it twice so far. I like the syntetic oil. I couldnt use it in my turbo II but I like it in the mp3.

I bought mine in Early May 2001 and have over 12K miles on it. And I don't enjoy driving it. I would be driving the '93 Protege DX if it was running. It feel that it is much more fun to drive the '93 than '01.

4,195 miles on my mp3 no problems but relay in dash clicking and carpet came up under drivers pedals which sucked but it should last longer then any gm product i am a tech at a gm store and they all suck. and i had a honda accord with 208,196miles on it that i traded for the mp3

Back