How many miles can you get on 1 tank?

I got about 35mpg going down to OCMD this year. No A/C and windows up, it was a cool day so what the vents were blowing in was just fine. Haven't really gotten better than 29 since then though, that is about 80% city driving though.

I get anywhere from 27 - 34 mpg but I fill up usually by 360-380 miles, a few times got over 400+.

my last tank i got 34mpg, or about 400 with the needle just below the 1/4 mark

Anyone else notice this thread if from '02?

That being said, I usually go 300 miles on a tank but I dont like letting it get below a quarter usually.

gottacatchup said:
Anyone else notice this thread if from '02?

That being said, I usually go 300 miles on a tank but I dont like letting it get below a quarter usually.
Yeah I did catch that... however I get about 260-280 a tank and thats tell the light comes on! Average MPG is 22-26! I don't see how in the hell you guys get 30 plus mpg... what do you guys do drive like grandma? I just keep up with traffic and I can't get above 27mpg!

StealthWyvern said:
Yeah I did catch that... however I get about 260-280 a tank and thats tell the light comes on! Average MPG is 22-26! I don't see how in the hell you guys get 30 plus mpg... what do you guys do drive like grandma? I just keep up with traffic and I can't get above 27mpg!
I have gotten over 33, nearly 34 mpg at sea level on road trips. keep the speed below 70 for great mileage. Keep in mind autos get worse mileage than manuals.

Getting that kind of mileage, 500 miles per tank is possible if you run it to near empty.

The farthest I've ever pushed "the light" is 30 miles. I used to be nervous to go over 15, then 18, then 20... lol. Every time I push the envelope just a little more. I doubt I'll push 30 again though...

autos are VERY uneconomical over 65mph....but i def dont drive like a grandma, i run my car hard 90% of the time and i have about 90 pounds of stereo equipment in the back and i still get 30mpg...who knows

i have no idea how you people get such good milage. my car is the sport-auto....and highway i get about 260-270 miles. and there is nothing extra (weight wise) in my car. i have a cai..going about 70-75mph......any one with any ideas on why its so bad?

samm5149 said:
i have no idea how you people get such good milage. my car is the sport-auto....and highway i get about 260-270 miles. and there is nothing extra (weight wise) in my car. i have a cai..going about 70-75mph......any one with any ideas on why its so bad?
try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery and draining the excess power. then drive it conservatively for the first few hundred miles so the ecu can learn to use as little fuel as is necessary.

best I'v gotten with my foot to the floor 24/7 is 350 to a tank both highway and city it comes out to about 27-28mpg. I'm happy with it my old Jetta which was a bit faster got 25 and i was very happy with that LoL

i uaually fill up when the light comes on.....usually around 300 miles. i do a lot of stop and go driving......

best was abt 450 on a roadtrip!! with a turbo! normally around 350 city driving!!

i know i am not a p5 but i am an ES, so i am close :)

my last 3 fill ups have been 375 miles not yet to 1/4 tank 11 gal 90%hwy 10% city , 440 miles and light came on 13.9 gall 50/50 city hwy.last 340 miles 90% hwy 10%city 10 gall. i avg 34 mpg all stock with a 5 speed.

Ok, this isn't nearly accurate or in any way scientific, but I was driving to FL from middle GA, and I made the 330 mile trip and ended up with about 3/16ths of a tank left (not quite a quarter, not quite an 8th lol)

90%hwy 10%city for every 100 miles driven 90 miles are hwy and 10 miles are city,it does not seem to hard to figure out. people are looking for #'s not long math problems. sorry if this was a problem?

Back