How many miles can you get on 1 tank?

bpoche said:
90%hwy 10%city for every 100 miles driven 90 miles are hwy and 10 miles are city,it does not seem to hard to figure out.

So that's by distance then.

A lot of people don't think that way. When they say "90% highway" they mean that they spend 90% of their TIME driving on the highway. I'm not saying that one way is better than the other, I'm just saying that people think about this two different ways, yet use the exact same language in both cases, and that 50% highway TIME is not the same as 50% highway DISTANCE.

I got about 670 KM's on a trip to Ottawa, which is about 420 Miles.

... with the A/C cranked the whole way and a little in-town driving.

wow i def get like 300-320 on a tank... maybe my mods kill my milage? i dunno... but i always thought my car an pretty lean....

but then again i drive like a 17 year old should....

02PROTEGE2.0 said:
wow i def get like 300-320 on a tank... maybe my mods kill my milage? i dunno... but i always thought my car an pretty lean....

but then again i drive like a 17 year old should....

Huh?

A 17 year old should drive carefully and at moderate speeds, neither of which would be bad for the car's mileage. Or did you mean like they actually drive, which is: distracted by the radio, cell phone, three friends in the car, and four hot babes/dudes over there on the sidewalk; much too fast; and convinced that he/she is immortal?

haha, good question, i never use all the way down on gas, i usually fill up in half tank.

First quarter of a tank that = 5gal I get 180 to 200miles
Half tank = 81/2 gal I get 300 to 340miles
Then I fill up. Summer is way better than cold weather. Driving below 60mph (58). Slow acceleration.

LinuxRacr said:
I'm there most of the time. The most I have recorded was about 335-340 MPG.

same here. not too impressed with my gas milegae. I do have an auto though

1/4 tank = 120 - 140 miles
1/2 tank = 240 - 260 miles
3/4 tank = 360 - 380 miles
light on = 400+ miles
best 450 miles

i think i figured out why my milage blows...

so i changed my filter on my custom cold air from my ebay intake to k&n filter... and my milage is already wayyyyyy up... considering ive been driving like a BAMF.... im at like 200 on half a tank

pasadena_commut said:
Huh?

A 17 year old should drive carefully and at moderate speeds, neither of which would be bad for the car's mileage. Or did you mean like they actually drive, which is: distracted by the radio, cell phone, three friends in the car, and four hot babes/dudes over there on the sidewalk; much too fast; and convinced that he/she is immortal?

hahahahaha no id ont talk on my phone ever when i drive and i keep my radio down, and i travel alone cause all my friends have nicer cars... plus these things wouldnt effect my milage.

what i mean is that i could probably shift alot earlier then i usually do most times...
\
however... thanks to mazda and their amazing transmissions... i can put my car in 5th at 35... WOAHHHHHH

whaa!!!

ive had my car for about 7 months now....my car is auto, its all stock... the highest ive gotten is 320 on the empty light.....is there something wrong with my car?

Back