How many Mazda 6 owners and soon to be owners in this community?

I would like to get an idea of how many Mazda 6 peeps are here?

• I own a Mazda 6

Votes: 127 69.8%
  • I\'m going to own a Mazda 6 soon

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • I\'m looking to get one...

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Other...please post

Votes: 13 7.1%

• Total voters
SpeedYellowV6 said:
Have had mine since end of May...Fully loaded, with tinted windows an Euro Tails added...Speed Yellow...everyone seems to check it out...Adding Chrome wheels soon ( I hope )...Brake dust sucks badly...of course I tend to drive fast an hard most of the time...but, it is a sporty car, it just wants to be driven that way...it's not entirely all my fault...right?

Welcome to the board! I agree completely that brake dust is the worst freaking thing about the 6. Make sure you throw some pics after the new wheels!

1st MP3 in NH said:
Welcome to the site Speed. (hi)

Originaly I had ruled out the yellow as I tend to not enjoy a yellow car then I saw one at the dealerships. It took me 5 minutes to realize I was drooling.

Are you getting rid of the MP3? Or is this going to be joining it?

is it the type of pads they use that creates all that dust? If I change out the pads to different ones, that should solve it...right?

Also, what were your waiting periods to pick up the car?

I've tried to find ceramic pads to eliminate the dust...or minimize it to the best it can be...Also, the car I have now isn't the one I ordered...long story...but, I got the better deal in this one after 2 months of agonizing waiting...I've had no luck in locating different pads, maybe others have...for now...I clean the wheels quite often...anyone tested out top end speed? I've gotten mine up faily fast... curious if the limit is the same for all of 'em? For anyone asking...didn't get into 5th until 105 mph...so I'm pretty sure there is more left in it...but the cutoff held it back from more after ### mph...

I do believe top speed is governed at 120mph. I do know of people who have purchased the ceramic pads - but not brand names off the top of my head - I'll do a quick search.

Mazdaspeed6S said:
Welcome to the board! I agree completely that brake dust is the worst freaking thing about the 6. Make sure you throw some pics after the new wheels!
I disagree... the 120 mph speed limiter is the worst freakin' thing about the 6. The brake dust is second worst, followed by the notorious off-idle throttle lag... IMHO. Other than that, it's the best damn car I have ever owned, and possibly have ever driven (overall).

Im a little late in finding this board, but here's one more 6 s owner.

I have a black 5 speed V6, pretty much fully loaded, that I've owned since March '03.

Nice car, but I think I'll be trading up to a nice 330i at the end of the year. ;)

New Mazda6 owner

Bought my 6s about two months ago. Silver metallic 5-speed Sport w/Bose Audio. Overall, I love this car. Only problem I had was an issue with gas odor outside the car. Took it in...something with the fuel pump. While they were waiting for parts, they left the tank open to the interior of the car. You can imagine the stink! Took it back and the stink is now gone. Might have been the gas in charcoal canister problem I read in other string.
All Happy Now!!:)

I have one as well - since June!

Its a Lapis Blue 6i MT. I absolutely love it!

It replaced my fun 95 Protege DX, which I since gutted to return to stock, and sold a month ago.

Mazdas rule!

I almost got a Mazda6... talked to the dealer. But it is going to run too much. I'm a regular on another site, dedicated to Mazda6's and modifying them...

Found this site because of the Protege5 info here.

I own a 6! My hubby owns a P5, thus the reason I am a member of this board.
Carolyn_s%20Car.jpg

I must be the only female 6 owner on this board. I'm a member of 2 other forums as well, one dedicated to the 6, and one to the 3. This one gets the least of my attention. :(

I just bought mine tonight :)
I traded in the 94 Ford ProbeGT.
Got myself the 04 6s 5 speed manual.
I've only driven it about 2 miles :)
This car has some real getup and go compared to the PGT.
Oh , it's silver with gray cloth interior / sport package with the 17" rims.
I checked out the local inventory on the internet over the past week and found this car at the dealership right down the street. It's not common to find the manual trans.I grabbed it .

Back