How many Mazda 6 owners and soon to be owners in this community?

I would like to get an idea of how many Mazda 6 peeps are here?

• I own a Mazda 6

Votes: 127 69.8%
  • I\'m going to own a Mazda 6 soon

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • I\'m looking to get one...

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Other...please post

Votes: 13 7.1%

• Total voters
taking delivery tomorrow!!!

Hello Mazda 6 fans...

I'm taking delivery of my new 5-door tomorrow:

The details:

6i 5-door
Steel Gray/Black cloth
5-speed
Security Package
Wheel locks

I was considering a 3 Hatch, but after running all the numbers, the 6 just worked out to be a better value IMO. The added space works better for me anyway, as I'll occasionally be putting two car seats in the back.

Not planning any mods (I wouldn't mind lowering it a bit, but I guess at 37 with two kids, I have other things to spend my money on :p).

Last edited:
I have been going into deep research of the Mazda 6's.

I test drove a 6 GT GFX. =) it was nicee.. I am planning on getting it within this year. =D

add sprint springs to the list...but beware they slam you 2 full inches...the front needs it but the rear already sags 1.5 inches for me cause all the gear from work.

Choti said:
I have been going into deep research of the Mazda 6's.

I test drove a 6 GT GFX. =) it was nicee.. I am planning on getting it within this year. =D
Hiya Su!!!! Glad to see you joined up! Really good to know you're definetly planning on getting the 6.

So have you decided for sure on what color?

Jenna said:
So have you decided for sure on what color?

Black, or Burnt Orange. One of those two. =) Black will look awesome, matches the whole entire car, plus it's my favorite colour [even though it's a shade!], but.. you can really see the dirt on it, I won't mind washing it like.. EVERY day, ahahaha.

I'm leaning towards black more.

Da 6 said:
add sprint springs to the list...but beware they slam you 2 full inches...the front needs it but the rear already sags 1.5 inches for me cause all the gear from work.

Does the springs give it an advange in any way?

Choti said:
Does the springs give it an advange in any way?

the sprints are really mainly for looks but with my eibachs I have noticed a huge inprovment in handling with virtually no body roll

acording to the sticky in 6 tech the sprint springs also give you a stiffer ride than eibach. I love twisty turns....alot but I can't take a 2 inch drop cause in reality it would be 3 cause of my gear in the trunk...kevlar is really heavy (usa) . one thing I did notice when I hav a full load I can't trow my ass around the corner...It stays planted even on the mxv4's with chunks missing out of the thread at 5000 miles

I have a 6S with the sports package and am lovin it so far. Just got my MAF customizer today so i can install my Injen CAI WITH NO CEL PROBLEM!
Thank you cp-e!
Love to see a few more boards around for the 6 owners, It's hard to find help when you need it. Although i give props to the MSP guys because they are always willing to lend a hand to fellow Mazda owners.

Probeguy said:
do we know for sure besides the rumos if they are officially coming out with a mazdaspeed 6?
So far rumors is all i have heard but it would be nice, not that it matters now because i would lose big money trying to trade in to get one. I would just have to envy those who could. Guess i'll just have to S/C the 6S myself.

i'm in the market for a 6 but if they do come out with a turbo6 i'd wait for it but it's just rumors huh? (drive)pshh (drive) pshh.

Wow, you guys have your car governer limited at 120 mph in the US. That sux. Here in Canda the 6s is governed at 230 km/h which is about 143 MPH.

Anyways, I'm a soon to be owner, signing papers this weel for a loaded V6 GT manul tranny.

Mikey444 said:
Here in Canda the 6s is governed at 230 km/h which is about 143 MPH.
Are you quite sure? To my knowledge, all north american 6's are, indeeed, governed at 120 (in 5th gear ;) )

ashutoshsm said:
Are you quite sure? To my knowledge, all north american 6's are, indeeed, governed at 120 (in 5th gear ;) )

maybe he was just lookin at the speedo lol

chubster41 said:
just thought I'd say whats up. My first post WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bout time you made it here chubs

Just signed up....a few ???

Hello all...

Just got my 6 on 8/16 and found this forum while surfing at work...

Anyway, after reading here, I have a few questions to the modders:

1) doesn't putting aftermarket springs on your car void the warranties on them?? (in some way, shape, form or fashion?)

2) Replacing the stereo - how the hell does this work with the face plate as big as it is??

3) I saw someone who had done some headlights modding and had placed "eyelids" on the headlights, which I thought looked kick ass...anyone know where these came from??

4) Are there a lot of aftermarket products yet for the 6's?

5) Lot of body roll in the car around turns...anyone found a way to reduce this?? (sway bars,, etc)

I guess thats about it...

I enjoy the car...though, to be fair, I went from a 99 Porsche Boxster to an 04 Mazda6 auto...lol...so its still killing me a little...

Since speed isn't going to be my game anymore, obviously.....I should at least try and make it look sweeet as hell...which i will admit it does look pretty dang good already.

Back