How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

My car has arrived at the dealers today! Finally! This has been the longest 3 months of my life!!! Still cant pick it up until the 15th as its not gonna be ready until next week as there are still options to be fitted and they are flat out tomorrow already! Gutted! Anyway for fear of causing hilarity in a very small minority of people on here I will stop doing what this forum is intended for and wont talk about ny hopes and expectations for my new motor and just say I literally cant wait! This is gonna be a long 9 days!!!

Also for those interested my dealer has again confirmed we can get 3 x services for 499. I have asked him to confirm this twice now so will be annoyed if its not the case.

Thanx for all the helpful comments and insight on these forums and pages! Its definitely helped the last 3 months waiting for the car to drag on by with interest!!!

Just popped in to see how everybody is. Hopefully only 2 weeks to go now before I trade in my CX5. Bitter/sweet is the feeling.

Just popped in to see how everybody is. Hopefully only 2 weeks to go now before I trade in my CX5. Bitter/sweet is the feeling.

Forgive me if I missed it somewhere but what have you decided to switch to? Did you accept the dealers first offer or did you manage to squeeze a bit more out of him......or are you trading it at another dealer for an alternative brand?

Shame you ended up with such a lemon. With this nice weather finally arriving I suspect my CX5 will spend a little more time on the drive (unless I need the space) and the MX5 will be coming out of hibernation. Spent a few hours this week washing, polishing and sealing it for the months ahead, hopefully roof down.

Have noticed that with almost 7000 miles on the clock economy is improving slightly on the CX5 even with winter tyres still fitted (I just know the moment I take them off we will get a late season snow shower). A current average of 48mpg is pretty decent.

Hi guys,

I bought a new CX-5 in January (here in Ireland). It's a platinum spec with nav. I have been plagued and I mean plagued with excessive wind noise from the drivers door. I see a few others have mentioned this in passing here. I'm wondering is there a UK Mazda forum or could I post a dedicated thread on here and specify (EU/UK) ? I think it might get lost in this thread.

Hi guys,

I bought a new CX-5 in January (here in Ireland). It's a platinum spec with nav. I have been plagued and I mean plagued with excessive wind noise from the drivers door. I see a few others have mentioned this in passing here. I'm wondering is there a UK Mazda forum or could I post a dedicated thread on here and specify (EU/UK) ? I think it might get lost in this thread.
You already found the dedicated UK Thread. (dance)

Wind noise is the same for the American cars so do a search for the threads that mention it.
Also check the TSB's for any fixes.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...lletins)-for-CX-5-2013-Mazda3-amp-2014-Mazda6

Hi guys,

Last edited:
Switching to A new Qashqai Tekna. Can't wait.

Fantastic reviews for the car already! I just think its a shame there isnt a larger engine option than 1.6 and also the fact that as with the previous qashqai there will be absolutely bucket loads of them on the road! At least the cx5, for all its so called faults and failings its still a relatively rare machine! Barely ever see them on the road unlike the QQ or Sportage of which I see several every day! Just my opinion tho!

Enjoy your new machine!!! Happy times!

They are getting more common in my area now, seen two in a week, a white and the new red.

But I haven't seen a lot of CX-5 anywhere to be honest, and one dealer told me 10,000 had been sold a year ago.

Fantastic reviews for the car already! I just think its a shame there isnt a larger engine option than 1.6 and also the fact that as with the previous qashqai there will be absolutely bucket loads of them on the road! At least the cx5, for all its so called faults and failings its still a relatively rare machine! Barely ever see them on the road unlike the QQ or Sportage of which I see several every day! Just my opinion tho!

Enjoy your new machine!!! Happy times!

Thank you. TBH the 1.6 Diesel Is punchy enough. Also a new engine could be in the pipeline:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/x-trail-2014/

has anyone in UK swapped the DRL bulbs for LED's ? is it possible with headlight in place or is headlight unit out ??

I'm happy with the standard lamps, but some Americans have fitted them, do a forum search.
Also some info on the whirlpool forum.

Been in for my first service 3000 short of the 12500 and with supplying my own oil and filter mazda charged me 104.
Interesting to see how my car was treated by the staff as I have a video recorder in front of vehicle.As a EX vehicle engineer I was surprised to see no seat protector fitted the mechanic just jumped in.The so called first service was a quick light check followed by a change of radio station on my dab radio the oil and filter change took 23 mins .
I then observed the mechanic top my washer bottle with neat water out of a watering can he then drove my car out on a road test ? For a oil change! The best bit was I had a clean polished car when I went in I got a wet with a hint of broom brush treatment from the so called valet department .Will be doing it my self and using a friends reset oil light tool

Last edited:
Been in for my first service 3000 short of the 12500 and with supplying my own oil and filter mazda charged me 104.
Interesting to see how my car was treated by the staff as I have a video recorder in front of vehicle.As a EX vehicle engineer I was surprised to see no seat protector fitted the mechanic just jumped in.The so called first service was a quick light check followed by a change of radio station on my dab radio the oil and filter change took 23 mins .
I then observed the mechanic top my washer bottle with neat water out of a watering can he then drove my car out on a road test ? For a oil change! The best bit was I had a clean polished car when I went in I got a wet with a hint of broom brush treatment from the so called valet department .Will be doing it my self and using a friends reset oil light tool

What about voiding the warranty?

Take my chances on that one not going to put my self through that experience again.I don't trust the oil dilution issue so have purchased a lubricheck to reference the quality of oil against mazda claims on reaching X mark

Last edited:
You shouldn't be getting oil rise now, just under 5K on mine and its still on the top dot, full mark.

I have a video recorder in front of vehicle

What sort of system is this Gareth45? I'd be interested in fitting something like that.

Also, should you name and shame the dealer that treats your new car like that? I wouldn't want to take my car there!

What sort of system is this Gareth45? I'd be interested in fitting something like that.

Also, should you name and shame the dealer that treats your new car like that? I wouldn't want to take my car there!

All you need do is Google the city Gareth hails from and search Mazda dealers.

Same group also have garages in Plymouth & Truro. Unless Gareth comes up to Taunton, doesn't take much thought.

Alex

Back