How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Merry Christmas from Oxford!!

Hello, I live in the UK, well Oxford precisely. I have just bought a Mazda 6 Ts2. I haven't done a lot to the car yet, but am planning to. Converted from VAUXHALL VECTRA. Hope it was a good choice!!

seen a black and sky blue at the Swansea dealer and sky blue, zeal red and silver at the Carmarthen dealer which incidentally were the 3 colours I'd shortlisted . Having had 2 pure light silver cars I didn't want another one but was surprised how much I liked the light-mid silver colour.

the two colours I haven't seen on a cx-5 - metro grey / stormy blue (navy?) are being replaced by new colours. incidentally they are the 2 with the lowest score in the poll. Normally when I choose a colour on a new car it's the first one to be discontinued!(lol2) I took a few photos at the dealer to remind me what I've ordered (wink)

View attachment 200056
View attachment 200057
View attachment 200058

Looks well in those photos.
My last two cars have been silver, and i expect my next one will be.

My favorite colour is red, I've had four cars in that colour, in varying shades.
Had a black car, never looked clean except on the day of cleaning, same with the brown and dark blue I've had.

Once had a dark green, kept that for 7 years. And a light blue.
But none of the cars look clean for so long as a silver.

Never had a white car but seen a few, my neighbour has one, got to say it always looks dirty.
So for me its silver or red.

Picking up my Vehicle on 2nd Jan(wiggle) after a Five month wait! It will be interesting to get behind the wheel and drive home the long way round to see if its a good as I remembered! I cancelled a VW Tiguan ( also on a long lead time) to get this one.

Had a few extras fited as well LED DRL's, Boot Loadliner, Step plate and a space saver spare. Also had a Passenger Hoist fitted to get my elderly parents in and out easily which made the whole vehicle VAT exempt which made it something of a bargain to boot.

I will be watching out for the Rising oil levels but I have previously run my other diesel cars with Millers Eco Max fuel additive, which cuts down on the soot levels by achieving a higher Cetane rating = more complete combustion. Anyone any thoughts as to if this might reduce the regen cycles on the DPF filter and avoid the oil level rise? BTW it also makes my other cars quieter and more economical.
(drive2).

DPF update

Hi Colpart, Yes I understand the dilemma, but I can assure you it's not just Australia. Many people with the same issues in Germany and Spain. Mazda are still playing down the issue, but I'm afraid it's going to hit the fan soon as most people can't get between the standard services without at least two services in-between. Most people only get between 2000klm and 5000klm between services before the oil hits the X mark.

Just spotted this
http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2012/medium-4x4/mazda/mazda-announces-fix-for-cx-5-oil-problem-34231

Picking up my Vehicle on 2nd Jan(wiggle) after a Five month wait! It will be interesting to get behind the wheel and drive home the long way round to see if its a good as I remembered! I cancelled a VW Tiguan ( also on a long lead time) to get this one.

Had a few extras fited as well LED DRL's, Boot Loadliner, Step plate and a space saver spare. Also had a Passenger Hoist fitted to get my elderly parents in and out easily which made the whole vehicle VAT exempt which made it something of a bargain to boot.

I will be watching out for the Rising oil levels but I have previously run my other diesel cars with Millers Eco Max fuel additive, which cuts down on the soot levels by achieving a higher Cetane rating = more complete combustion. Anyone any thoughts as to if this might reduce the regen cycles on the DPF filter and avoid the oil level rise? BTW it also makes my other cars quieter and more economical.
(drive2).

How did you manage to order a space saver spare wheel? Is this now an option when ordering as it wasn't when I ordered mine. What was the additional cost of the spare wheel? Thanks in advance.

(drive2).

Congratulations, bet you cant wait to get her. Especially after the long wait. Remember to upload some pics of your new pride and joy. My one should be arriving a week or two after yours.

I've just done a 60 mile round trip today and seen a silver CX5 sport, with beige interior.

Love the silver but not the beige.

So its now a matter of getting a good deal.

Has anyone actually took delivery of a car through Drivethedeal.com, they are currently offering over 2K of a 175ps sport nav manual.

Dealer today would only go 1,250 off with a trade in.

So really i need to contact someone that DTD deal with, any one know?

I've just done a 60 mile round trip today and seen a silver CX5 sport, with beige interior.

Has anyone actually took delivery of a car through Drivethedeal.com, they are currently offering over 2K of a 175ps sport nav manual.

the gap between dealer and new-car-disount for me was only a few hundred so I went local(ish).

Spoke to my dealer yesterday and was advised 5th Jan as delivery to them in Middlesbrough. could not confirm exactly, as he said you cant be totally sure until it arrives, but should hopefully be available to pick up around 9th or 10th Jan. Its been a long wait since august, so I hope all is well when she arrives......

Spoke to my dealer yesterday and was advised 5th Jan as delivery to them in Middlesbrough. could not confirm exactly, as he said you cant be totally sure until it arrives, but should hopefully be available to pick up around 9th or 10th Jan. Its been a long wait since august, so I hope all is well when she arrives......

Exact same with me! I actually can not wait, im starting to get restless! I saw a white CX-5 today in town and now im itching to get mine.

Mine is coming via Drive the Deal, 2k off is a great deal, I can thoughroughly recommend DTD's supplying dealer who have been excellent over the phone. They are not too far from you either.

Just for info, I got a price from autoebid in August and took it to the dealer to show him what I wanted to pay. He eventually agreed to match the price after the usual banter etc. etc. about me putting him out of business (jerkit) so I got about 1900 off retail with no part-ex. I must admit I didn't expect him to price match exactly, but there you go.....the customer is King in a recession. Dealer also said he sold another exact same model the same week for list price, so it just goes to show that 'if you don't ask you don't get!'

Back