How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Ordered mine at the end of July and I picked it up today from the dealer. Arrived 2 days early which was good.

All brilliant except 2 minor issues; one is a rattle in the dash and the second is that the boot needs a good slam to engage the lock. Gentle closing won't do it.

hi,

post #332 of any complaints (hopefully all minor) might help with the boot lock.

Just spoken with my Mazda dealer about the rising oil level and he has asked me to take it in tomorrow. I will update you on what happens.

Well, the dealer was excellent in fitting me in at short notice so I took it in and the service manager told me that he had spoken to Mazda technical and in the UK, there was no known problem with the oil level rising. So they took out some oil to bring it down to the level and asked me to monitor it. The logic being that it may have been slightly overfilled as part of the PDI checks. He did agree that the dip-stick is less than clear to see when checking the oil.

Well, the dealer was excellent in fitting me in at short notice so I took it in and the service manager told me that he had spoken to Mazda technical and in the UK, there was no known problem with the oil level rising. So they took out some oil to bring it down to the level and asked me to monitor it. The logic being that it may have been slightly overfilled as part of the PDI checks. He did agree that the dip-stick is less than clear to see when checking the oil.

I do hope you have read my two two postings on the previous page (9). Don't be taken for a sucker by a dealer who is completely in the dark about the subject.

I do hope you have read my two two postings on the previous page (9). Don't be taken for a sucker by a dealer who is completely in the dark about the subject.

Yes I did read them but what can I do when the dealer tells me that Mazda technical people have said there is no known issue with it? I referred him to this forum but he returned the same answer - no problem! Has anyone worked out why it is a known problem in Australia?

Yes I did read them but what can I do when the dealer tells me that Mazda technical people have said there is no known issue with it? I referred him to this forum but he returned the same answer - no problem! Has anyone worked out why it is a known problem in Australia?

Hi Colpart, Yes I understand the dilemma, but I can assure you it's not just Australia. Many people with the same issues in Germany and Spain. Mazda are still playing down the issue, but I'm afraid it's going to hit the fan soon as most people can't get between the standard services without at least two services in-between. Most people only get between 2000klm and 5000klm between services before the oil hits the X mark.

Hi Colpart, Yes I understand the dilemma, but I can assure you it's not just Australia. Many people with the same issues in Germany and Spain. Mazda are still playing down the issue, but I'm afraid it's going to hit the fan soon as most people can't get between the standard services without at least two services in-between. Most people only get between 2000klm and 5000klm between services before the oil hits the X mark.

This might be of interest
www.redbook.com.au/car-news/2012/me...-5/fix-on-the-way-for-mazda-cx-5-diesel-33963

i remember reading about similar issue with the mazda 6 dpf and short journeys before i got mine in 2009 and it made me concerned I had bought a pup! However, 45000 miles later my Mazda 6 2.2L, 175ps sports diesel is the best car I ever had. (well, i still think fondly of my very first car- renault fuego 2.0 tx though...)

Yes i remember that HJ forum had a very long list of unhappy Mazda 6 owners, some had the engine run on its sump oil and go into self distruct.

As for that article from Mr Doak , i don't believe a word hes wrote. This dated crap about short trips has little to do with the rising oil levels. Owners using mainly motorsways are also haveing the rising oil issue.

My trail diesel does 90% short trips, and sees very little oil rise over a year, i only do 6K miles a year.

Read these reports.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1979291&p=66

I could not believe my eyes this morning as I drove past my local Mazda Dealer.

3 brand new, still bubble wrapped CX-5's just arrving. Spun the car around and went for a look. This is the first time I have seen a CX-5 up close, one word - Stunning.

Spoke to the Mazda Rep, and he could tell me these cars had entered the UK last week. I enquired about the delivery date for my 2.2 Sport Nav and was told it would be mid January or so thats what the computer said.

Having seen the 3 this morning, Black, Silver and Blue, all it has done is made me extremely jealous of the lucky sod getting theirs before Xmas.

Not long to go... Still counting down the days! (cabpatch)

Yes i remember that HJ forum had a very long list of unhappy Mazda 6 owners, some had the engine run on its sump oil and go into self distruct.

As for that article from Mr Doak , i don't believe a word hes wrote. This dated crap about short trips has little to do with the rising oil levels. Owners using mainly motorsways are also haveing the rising oil issue.

My trail diesel does 90% short trips, and sees very little oil rise over a year, i only do 6K miles a year.

Read these reports.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1979291&p=66

I've sent a letter to Mazda before I take delivery of my cx-5. Stating that if it needs an oil change before the maintenance schedule says so that I expect a full refund or a fix within six months of taking delivery. If they are unable to give that assurance I expect my deposit back in full. As my existing Kia has no problems with my driving patterns I expect the same to apply to the Mazda.

I could not believe my eyes this morning as I drove past my local Mazda Dealer.

3 brand new, still bubble wrapped CX-5's just arriving. Spun the car around and went for a look. This is the first time I have seen a CX-5 up close, one word - Stunning.

Spoke to the Mazda Rep, and he could tell me these cars had entered the UK last week. I inquired about the delivery date for my 2.2 Sport Nav and was told it would be mid January or so that's what the computer said.

Having seen the 3 this morning, Black, Silver and Blue, all it has done is made me extremely jealous of the lucky sod getting theirs before Xmas.

Not long to go... Still counting down the days! (cabpatch)

notwithstanding my last post , the viking drive has docked in portbury,avonmouth, but this is too early I think to have my car on it. The coral leader is in bremerhaven , its next trip is to zeebrugge :) then portbury. If its not on that ship either then the opal leader will fetch it perhaps, but that's in derince turkey, so that's end of Jan 2013. in the meantime I drive past Mazda Swansea and drool over the demonstrator or perhaps watch another you tube vid (lol2)

I discovered yesterday the dealer will get mine 8th jan so, it must be on the same boat. I`ve even been given a registration numberSo a couple of days for them to prep/glasscoat and it will be mine at last!

I discovered yesterday the dealer will get mine 8th jan so, it must be on the same boat. I`ve even been given a registration numberSo a couple of days for them to prep/glasscoat and it will be mine at last!

Same delivery date as my one. So they must all be in the same boat.

I am up in Scotland so i would estimate a few days after this to take into account extra car transport times. I too haven't been given a registration number and I am not to sure how things will work with everything closing down for Christmas and New Year.

Same delivery date as my one. So they must all be in the same boat.

I am up in Scotland so i would estimate a few days after this to take into account extra car transport times. I too haven't been given a registration number and I am not to sure how things will work with everything closing down for Christmas and New Year.

My dealer says 12th of Jan is the date. no reg number for me yet :( - it has to be the "coral leader" for me!?

dealer also said they had 3 delivered today. maybe they were on the "viking chance" after all!

I really have no idea how quick the supply chain is, but it has passed the time trying to work it out. (I do love a puzzle/mystery)(lol2)

A colleague at work has spotted a silver cx-5 in Cardiff which is mildly annoying because I've only seen 1 on the road (apart from a demonstrator) since I ordered mine!

hope yours aren't too far away.

I see the "Coral leader" is alongside in Zebrugge at the moment, having looked at her AIS history it shows that she hasnt been anywhere near the UK in recent weeks.

To be honest, im not to fussed what boat the car arrives on, as long as it arrives soon. I am starting to get get impatient when it comes to the CX-5.

I see the "Coral leader" is alongside in Zebrugge at the moment, having looked at her AIS history it shows that she hasnt been anywhere near the UK in recent weeks.

To be honest, im not to fussed what boat the car arrives on, as long as it arrives soon. I am starting to get get impatient when it comes to the CX-5.

I kinda agree your point as to what boat the car is on, I reckon the early January cars were/are already at zebrugge, but from there they go on different ships to different uk ports. Also I don't think any one single ship always delivers cars to the same port. "coral leader" will be portbury/avonmouth tomorrow. I missed the ship leave on the zebrugge web cam... I think i'm getting a bit too obsessive now (lol2)

i'm thinking the nearer the car is to the dealer the less chance of a delay and the date changing.

I also want to put a clear bra on mine, so don't want to drive around too much without one, and will need a day off work to have it fitted so keen to pin the handover date down asap.

My dealer says 12th of Jan is the date. no reg number for me yet :( - it has to be the "coral leader" for me!?

dealer also said they had 3 delivered today. maybe they were on the "viking chance" after all!

I really have no idea how quick the supply chain is, but it has passed the time trying to work it out. (I do love a puzzle/mystery)(lol2)

A colleague at work has spotted a silver cx-5 in Cardiff which is mildly annoying because I've only seen 1 on the road (apart from a demonstrator) since I ordered mine!

hope yours aren't too far away.

I've yet to see a silver CX5, even emailed Mazda for the location of one, no one round my area has one, I'll be glad when your ships ports, then i may get to see a few on the road, only seen two on the road to date.

I've yet to see a silver CX5, even emailed Mazda for the location of one, no one round my area has one, I'll be glad when your ships ports, then i may get to see a few on the road, only seen two on the road to date.

seen a black and sky blue at the Swansea dealer and sky blue, zeal red and silver at the Carmarthen dealer which incidentally were the 3 colours I'd shortlisted . Having had 2 pure light silver cars I didn't want another one but was surprised how much I liked the light-mid silver colour.

the two colours I haven't seen on a cx-5 - metro grey / stormy blue (navy?) are being replaced by new colours. incidentally they are the 2 with the lowest score in the poll. Normally when I choose a colour on a new car it's the first one to be discontinued!(lol2) I took a few photos at the dealer to remind me what I've ordered (wink)

mazda path 013.jpg
mazda path 011.jpg
mazda path 012.jpg

Last edited:

Hope mines still silver and its tied down securely in these gales, must have been very rough across North Sea, was probably on Sea Cruiser 1 now in Grimsby Docks. Don't want it in the body shop before the wife drives it!
Delivery Jan 7th.

Hope mines still silver and its tied down securely in these gales, must have been very rough across North Sea, was probably on Sea Cruiser 1 now in Grimsby Docks. Don't want it in the body shop before the wife drives it!
Delivery Jan 7th.

hopefully the way they are secured should be fine... see what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNoRbXWPJfU

Could have sworn I saw my silver cx-5 go past on the video ;)

Looked like the carpark at the Metro Centre this morning.
Only 14 sleeps left.

Delivery 7th January.

Happy Christmas!!!!

Back