How i keep my baby clean =]

so how is the optimum no rinse wash? i was debating between that and the regular optimum car wash as i'm almost out of my 2nd gallon of gold class
also has anyone tried the spray wax from them also? you can wax your car in ~15 minutes after washing.

I use Spray-On Wax from Griot's Garage. I'll wax my car every 1-3 months or so and between washes I'll use Spray-On Wax. It adds a thing layer of wax. I'll apply it after washing and drying the car even though the directions says other wise. Works for me.

wow finally someone on here who has a just as much supples as me lol.

I had a UDM but it died on me (2nd one) so im replacing it with a Flex rotary. It should be here on thursday.

Ive got a grip of Menz polishes as well as megs and pinnacle. Wax wise I have several dodo products, and pinnacle sig series 2(which i highly recommend if you need a nicely priced high quality wipe on/off carnuba)

CG CWG, ONR, optimum car wash, 1z perls for wash. Grime reaper for APC, and that new CG gel wheel cleaner (which is alright, p21 is still superior)

p21s is good but i find that not alot of situations call for such a strong wheel cleaner, diablo wheel gel, and sticky gel does the job for a fraction of the price.

i heard sourouven looks great but mutes flakes and have poor durabilty.

i bought that mothers spray on wheel cleaner thanks to all the reviews i read online.
i guess the ms3 brake dust is way to strong, it didn't do s*** for the front wheels.
the backs which hardly get dust, worked well with it tho

p21s is good but i find that not alot of situations call for such a strong wheel cleaner, diablo wheel gel, and sticky gel does the job for a fraction of the price.

i heard sourouven looks great but mutes flakes and have poor durabilty.

Ive used sticky gel and diablo (what i have now) They get the wheels clean, but p21 just seems to stick better, and clean better. But diabo and sticky gel are just better value.

I usually use Grime reaper cut 4:1. Its strong enough to clean wheels after two weeks easily (if not longer, I never let brake dust cake) and tires and wheel wells. Very pleased with that product.

well i just splurged on autogeek for the optimum car wash (regular) and spray on wax.

weather's always fine here to use a hose so i opted for the regular car wash. any recommendations for wax? as i'm going to just use the spray on wax every other week or so in between my normal 3mos waxing.
ive always used gold class, but am currently using nxt , is the pinnacle good? its 30 bucks for the small bottle or is there something better?

that benz is looking like it just came out of the showroom. Does anyone know of a spray foam wash system. i saw sum1 had a wah system where you spray some sort of foam at the car. leave it on their for a bit and then just rinse it off. nd the car was clean after the rinse. It was like a no touch system... im guessing the type of foam lifts the dirt and other grime.. been looking for the system but no luck.

well i just splurged on autogeek for the optimum car wash (regular) and spray on wax.

weather's always fine here to use a hose so i opted for the regular car wash. any recommendations for wax? as i'm going to just use the spray on wax every other week or so in between my normal 3mos waxing.
ive always used gold class, but am currently using nxt , is the pinnacle good? its 30 bucks for the small bottle or is there something better?

if u want a wax that is really good and costs dirt cheap and also very very durable, try collinite 845. for quick detailers try finishkare 425 or the duragloss aquawax. leaves the car looking very wet and slick a great topper for any wax or sealant

Last edited:
Looking good man! I haven't seen you in ages! I don't even think I've seen you since I got my Speed! Haha I need to detail mine here pretty quick now that the weathers cooperating around here for a change. I just bought Mikes AP and BOV when he traded in his Speed6, got her runnin a whole lot better now!

Brian

Indeed. I rarely ever see you out in the Speed, might have seen you once or twice pass by work on Twin City. Those rims really stand out with the white, catches my eye everytime.

Brian

so i used the optimum car wash for the first time today and all i can say is wow.
2 capfuls + 2 gallons of water was way more suds than i ever had using 4+ capfuls of meguiars gold class per gallon. as you rinse the car off after washing, it kinda sheets off and you can tell where you have not washed yet. smells great too.

the spray on wax is pretty cool, if you don't work it in hard enough, you can see the residue/streaking from the wax (does not take much to rub it in, was just testing)
took me about 20 minutes to wax the whole car and it feels just as smooth as when
i use gold class or nxt, but 1/4 of the time. time will tell how long it lasts.

my gold class and nxt usually lasts around 6-8 weeks, if this lasts 6 i'll be happy
but from what i've read it lasts 2-3 mos realistically, not the 5 mos it says.

great product so far, money well spent for me, i will not be going back to meguiars car wash. this 128oz of optimum should last me a couple years since i wash weekly.
will probably use the wax monthly, in between my normal 3-4 mos real waxing.

after i finish off what's left of my nxt, will try the collinite that someone recommended in an earlier post

sealants tend to have very long durability, i used jetseal on my cousins e320 november of last year and its still beading water now

new edition to my collection, meet my first zymol wax
ital1.jpg

ital2.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap, that definitely is an investment!! I really do need to get a PC7424, doing detailing by hand is just getting painful lol.

holy s***, $375 wax?
i dont think the bad stock paint warrants that hardcore a wax haha :D

doesnt really matter what kind of paint you have, truth is most paints come from the same people, just a few differences here and there. mostly in the clear. Ppg or dupont . but detailing can be more then just cleaning ur car, sort of an art or passion in a way if it makes any sense at all =]

Back