How i keep my baby clean =]

strytnyne

was a bit bored so did a bit of organizing, decided to take pics as i sorted things along

LSP Wax's
waxes1234.jpg

Swissvax Concorso & Glacier, Dodo Juice Supernatural, Rboe, Bhab, Autoglym Hd , Cg 50/50 and Pete's 53, Fuzion

Sealants and a glaze
sealantsglaze.jpg

Menzerna Powerlock, Jetseal 109,Collinite 845,Duragloss 501 and 105, Cg Ez Creme Glaze

Compounds and Polishes
compoundsandpolishes.jpg

Scholl s03+,s17,s30+,s40, Menzera Powergloss, Super Intesive Polish,Power Finish, Micro Finish, Meguiars 105&205, Pinnacle ASR & AFP

Car Soaps and Quick Detailers
carsoapquickdetailer.jpg

Duragloss 901, Cg Citrus Wash+Gloss, Optimum No Rinse Wash, Duragloss Aquawax, FinishKare 425

Buffer's and Random MF
buffersandmf.jpg

FLEX L3403 VRG Rotary, Meguiars g110, Cg 70/30 mf's, Cg Miracle Dryer, and Duragloss Drying towel

Cleaners and Dressing
cleanersanddressing.jpg

303 cleaner, Meguiars Apc, Dg degreaser, Rain repel, Non silicone dressing, Cg Vrp dressing, bare bones, window clean and wheel+rim cleaner

Pads, Mitts,Applicators, Brushes, Clay and Foam Gun
padsmittsappsbrushes.jpg

dg washmitt, cg washmitts, ag foamguy, leatherique pristine clean and restore, megiaurs clay, cg clay, ez detail brush minis, ccs 5.5" pads, Uber 5.5" pads, Uber 4" pads, Various Applicators

They have a term for this you know, it's called OCD! ;)

Very nice, a bit more work than what you're average owner is up for but I salute your will to spend hours keeping it clean!

Yeah, you have some nice stuff. I am just as OCD as you..haha. I have a huge cabinet full of polishes, waxes, glazes, pads, interior stuff, random exterior stuff, clay bars...you name I've got it...haha.

...but how do you like that Flex? I was thinking about going with a Flex Dual Action. I have a Porter Cable 7424 right now, and its ok, but im looking for results that are as close as possible to circular polishers without the danger of ruining the paint...

Yeah, you have some nice stuff. I am just as OCD as you..haha. I have a huge cabinet full of polishes, waxes, glazes, pads, interior stuff, random exterior stuff, clay bars...you name I've got it...haha.

...but how do you like that Flex? I was thinking about going with a Flex Dual Action. I have a Porter Cable 7424 right now, and its ok, but im looking for results that are as close as possible to circular polishers without the danger of ruining the paint...

i really like it , its light and pretty user friendly. controls are by your fingertips.

Wow. You're obsessed. I'm a weekend detailer. I have a good little group of supplies but nothing like yours. Like Bigdaddy I have a PC 7424 and a couple of misc detailing products off of autogeek. I'd love to upgrade to a rotary one day... but maybe test it on a friends car first. :D
Damn... I still need to do a spring detail too.

Wow. You're obsessed. I'm a weekend detailer. I have a good little group of supplies but nothing like yours. Like Bigdaddy I have a PC 7424 and a couple of misc detailing products off of autogeek. I'd love to upgrade to a rotary one day... but maybe test it on a friends car first. :D
Damn... I still need to do a spring detail too.

hehe well im starting up a business. so the products will go to good use =]

I'll get some photos of my cabinet up...I need to re-stock some things, but I have tons of stuff. How do you like the SwissWax? It's supposed to be freaking awesome...I've heard similar about Zymol.

the swissvax is a pleasure to use, smells great goes on like butter. u can barely tell i used any by looking at the pot.

hey just wondering if you knew any products that does an exceptionally good job taking spider web scratches off a black car?

My car care products = bucket, soap and rag. LOL!

I commend you for having such detail and passion. That's a helluva lotta products you got there. Sheesh! :D

hey just wondering if you knew any products that does an exceptionally good job taking spider web scratches off a black car?

Like... these scratches (called swirl marks):

400_bmwbefore.jpg

Many detailers use different methods and products to get rid of them. I'd probably go with Meguiar's M105 and M205 combo using a dual action polisher (like a Porter Cable 7424). A rotary polisher would work even quicker and easier, but inexperienced users can easily mar the paint for good.
They really can't be polished out by hand. Unless you take 50 hours of hand polishing.

I count over $1K in just liquids.

I wish I had the time to even use that much detailing equipment. I'm lucky to get time to wash the car every month and wax it maybe 3 times a year. Plus with all the winter miles racked up on it, it's gonna need a full repaint in the next 2 years to keep it nice looking.

Nice setup though, I used to have a friend who was a hardcore detailer like that. He had a geo tracker that looked shinier than most exotics (proof that you can indeed polish a turd).

so how is the optimum no rinse wash? i was debating between that and the regular optimum car wash as i'm almost out of my 2nd gallon of gold class
also has anyone tried the spray wax from them also? you can wax your car in ~15 minutes after washing.

Back