How do you like your 18's?

Protege_Speed

:
2002.5 ES Auto with MSP Conversion
If you had it to do over again, would you get 18's or get 17's? I am seriously debating 18's but I am really nervous about the NJ roads.

i will get lightweight 17. the tires for 17' are also cheaper and it won't be too noisy since you will probably using 40 series tire. but that's just me :)

Protege_Speed said:
If you had it to do over again, would you get 18's or get 17's? I am seriously debating 18's but I am really nervous about the NJ roads.

Go with 17s in NJ!! Otherwise, you will be buying more than just 4 rims over time ;) I know the roads there suck!

Go with 17's.

18's look nice, but with our roads, they aren't worth it. Plus you'll be hurting your performance (acceleration, braking, and handling will be adversely affected by the higher weight)

Yeah I say go with the 17s. On my old pro I had 18s, and while they look incredible, the added weight just wasn't worth it. It was so hard to get them turning in a hurry. Now that I am on the stock Racing Harts I wonder how I ever could deal with 18s.

Okay let's say I go with 17's, the closest size tire to the stock diameter is a 215/40/17. That's not too much difference than a 215/35/18. I think the 17s sidewall is only a .4" difference. Is that the right tire size? My stock tire size is 195/50/16.

I'm still getting 19's after I get my sparco interior done. I'm not worried about the "NJ roads" even though sometimes they suck. I'm more worried about my front bumper because of "NJ roads" then my rims.

Weight of stock wheels?

Does anybody know the weight of stock wheels, because i found 17s that weigh 14.1 lbs, and 18s that weigh like mid 17 lbs. If the stock rims are significantly heavier than 17 lbs, the bigger wheels would benefit more from size than it would lose from weight. Keep in mind my priority is handling ability.

Back