How do we install subs

tap into the amp which is under the driver seat. I tapped into the front left and right amp input connections using splice connectors to keep from cutting anything and make it easily removeable.

There is a post here that shows which wires you need to tap into.

You will need either a line-output-converter or an amp that can take speaker-level inputs. There are no unbalanced rca connections in the bose system.

Alright guys has no one on here installed a sub in our cars? I need a how to on how to add a amp/sub the the bose system. Can anyone help?

what if i only need it for 1 amp. is there a dif one

that one will work just fine for a single amp install. There are some out there with only a pair of inputs, but your not going to save any money.

I have done the sub install, using a different high / low converter I had left over from my previous vehicle. This method will work just fine. The wires you need to tap into are under the drivers seat, there is a color coded charted on here just search for it.

these are the taps, your going to need 4 for the left/right output tap, and 1 more to get the remote amp on/off signal.

detail.aspx

Why make it so hard? Just remove the factory sub, mount a low profile amp under the passenger seat and tie into the signal wires that previously connected to the sub. The odds are good that you will need a GLI (Ground Loop Interrupter) to prevent the dreaded alternator whine. As far as which wire to use as plus and which as minus, you should determine that by using your ears. The correct answer will depend on where you mount your sub. Get everything in and listen for a day or two one way, then try the other for a day or two. It should be readily apparent that one way sounds better than the other.

Attachments

• Mazda amp wiring.doc
    72 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Ghost you are going to have to do a little work. There are signal level circuits going into the amp under the drivers seat. You can use the speaker level circuits coming out of the same amp and going into the BOSE sub - there are concerns that you will not get full frequency this way as the Bose sub may process/tweak/limit the signal. You will not find the RCA jacks (ie signal level) in most factory installs you will need to splice in to the feeds going into the Bose sub.

You need to search for the Bose wiring diagrams to find the info. I forget where I saw it but it is out there in several places.

I plan to install in mine this coming weekend.

Ed.

- there are concerns that you will not get full frequency this way as the Bose sub may process/tweak/limit the signal. .
Good point, I forgot about that.

- You need to search for the Bose wiring diagrams to find the info.
I forget where I saw it but it is out there in several places.

In my previous response would be a good place to look.

i Was Told If You Take The Signal For The Sub Before It Goes Into The Amp You Don't Need A Hi Low Signal Converter Does Anyone Konw If This It True ?

I was told if you take the signal for the sub before it goes into the amp you don't need a hi low signal converter. Does anyone know if this is true?

Correct, but you almost certainly will need a ground loop isolator.

By the way, don't shout: it's rude.

Good point, I forgot about that.

As a matter of fact, what you need to do is tap into the Inputs for the sub or anything for that matter. I don't understand why (nor do I care, its bose), but all the input signals (I know for 100% the ones to the sub are, My ears and a few audio enthusiests at diyma audio have tested it) are full frequency.

You do not need a LOC at all, and as far as RCA inputs to the amp, its easy get some soder and go to radio shack and make it yourself. If you dont want to soder, radio shack also has soderless RCA heads.

As far as which one is positive and which one is negative, you need to find the wiring diagram and go from there. If you can't get the wiring diagram, then switch them up and see which pos/neg is out of phase and which one isn't out of phase.

I will go back and try to find the old wiring diagram, but no guarantee I can dig it out.

Goodluck, if you need help I have done this already in MS3 GT (2007, not sure if the 2008 are different since they added MP3 and changed the HU look).

You do not need a LOC at all, and as far as RCA inputs to the amp, its easy get some soder and go to radio shack and make it yourself. If you dont want to soder, radio shack also has soderless RCA heads.

I like the adjustability the LOC gives on an installation. Just another way to fine tune things and make it more balanced.

hey guys i had the line out converter installed today by a shop but im hearing music through my subs now. did they do it wrong?

I like the adjustability the LOC gives on an installation. Just another way to fine tune things and make it more balanced.

LOCs are horrible, they don't allow you to improve the quality or the sound in your car at all. If the signal is speaker level, then it has already been crossed-over, plus LOCs can introduce noise.

I don't know what customization you get out of a LOC, but I guarantee you a sound processor unit will do a ton more.

As far as hearing music out of your sub, that simply depends on your crossover settings.

Back