Homelink Problem

Evilpro5eh

:
2006 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon
In my 06 mazda 6, it came with the auto dimming mirror with homelink.

After almost 2 years of having the homelink working properly, it has now started to screw up.

I have 2 garage door openers programmed on buttons 1 and 2.

up until about 2 weeks ago everything worked fine.

Now when i press button 1, BOTH garage doors open/close, and button 2 will just do the one its programmed for.

i have cleared and reprogrammed a few times, switching the openers from 1 to 2, and 2 to 1 and back again. and still doing the same damn thing.

for a few days i had only 1 door programmed and was working fine. now today both doors are opening again for some reason. even tho ONLY ONE is programmed.

any ideas??

I unplugged the mirror, drove around with it unplugged.

when i got back home, plugged it back in, it kept the programming so that didn't work unfortunatly.

I have erased the programming and reprogrammed on buttons 2 and 3. now i will have to wait and see what happens

I don't have a Pic, but here's a link to the web site.

Home Link

BTW, I reprogrammed the door openers on buttons 2 and 3, now button 2 opens both doors.

What model is your garage door opener? Our Craftsman opener only allows 4 remotes before it drops one automatically.

one is a craftsman, i can't remember what the other one is.

None of the remotes are being dropped. the problem is 1 button opens 2 doors instead of just 1.

one is a craftsman, i can't remember what the other one is.

None of the remotes are being dropped. the problem is 1 button opens 2 doors instead of just 1.

Try changing the signal that each puts out to a new frequency. Might be close enough to open both by accident.

Try changing the signal that each puts out to a new frequency. Might be close enough to open both by accident.

not sure if i am able to do that, the remotes us a rolling code system.

I just find it funny that its doing this after 1.5 years of working properly.

not sure if i am able to do that, the remotes us a rolling code system.

I just find it funny that its doing this after 1.5 years of working properly.

Yes, ours are rolling code as well, but you can still program an 'offset' for the rolling code, so you can set each door seperately. Check the door opener manual and it should tell you how to do it.

Back