High Fuel PSI = Check Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracrat

:
2007 Speed3
I bought a 07 Speed3 for my wife. Silver 37K miles, adult owned 1 owner trade on a BMW (yeah sure). The ecu is throwing codes for high fuel psi, and misfire. Reset the code and it stays off for a couple of days, but comes back on. It is running rough (major hesitation) at low revs, especially when it is hot and the A/C is on.

I had it on the rack for an allignment and we noticed that it looked like a different turbo had been installed, and returned to stock. We were looking for an upgraded fuel pressure regulator (that might have been left on) from the prior turbo, but there was nothing obvious.

We really don't know for sure what was done but any educated guesses as to what might be left over from a turbo upgrade package would be real helpful. What is the standard mode to up fuel flow with a bigger turbo?

Alan

ummm.... you probably picked up someone elses problem... good luck...

you need a monitoring tool, like a dashhawk. you need to check your cam driven fuel pump (CDFP) pressure, it should be ~mid 300psi at idle and >1600psi with load...

you shouldnt even be worrying about this, back to the dealer it should go

*edit this space for rent!

Last edited:
Damnnnn sounds like you have LaLoosh's car... is it silver?

He traded it in around February for a BMW 135i. I saw damn because it was a big guinea big for mods.. upgraded turbo and some other stuff.

Last edited:
Oh s#!t

I had a bad feeling, I think it just got worse! The car is silver and came from NJ. There was a ticket in the glove box for failure to provide proof of insurance. The car came through a wholesaler so I probably should have put 2+2 together because BMW probably would have put it on the lot.

She put about 4,000 miles on it so I probably don't have any recourse from the dealer. I suppose I can search da-dooosh, but I'm afraid to look. I'm really just trying to go back to stock.

What seems like a better plan, a dealer, a tuner, or a trade in?

was bound to surface sooned than later. lets see 1-07 silver speed3 2 from NJ 3 appears to have been BT and back to stock 4 37k miles(about what loosh had) 5 traded for BMW........well.....F you life

laloosh.jpg
fail-owned-sorry-herpes.jpg

Check behind the glove box if there's a note to the new owner (you) then yeah that's loosh's car.its only two bolts underneath the dash trim and twisting out the mini bulb to pop out the glove box you could know in 2 minutes. If you really want to know the history I could tell you but I rather you take a guys word for it and just trade it in.

Last edited:
man I bet you wish you knew about this website before you bought that car. I am sorry but I think everyone is right, get rid of it if you can.

Check behind the glove box if there's a note to the new owner (you) then yeah that's loosh's car.its only two bolts underneath the dash trim and twisting out the mini bulb to pop out the glove box you could know in 2 minutes. If you really want to know the history I could tell you but I rather you take a guys word for it and just trade it in.

lol he seriously left a note?

lol he seriously left a note?

yeah. I feel kinda bad now but hey if the OP's warranty is still good and they promise to cover the car then there is no real issue. O.P MAKE sure you go tell the dealer you want it in writing they are going to cover anything that's wrong with the car since you had no idea about its previous history.

P.S He left the front and rear sway bars and the cobb lowering springs on there even though i wanted them let me know when you want to get rid of them.

Last edited:
i am going to guess here that it isnt his lalooshes car. Considering his engine was destroyed by the new guy in WISCONSIN and Laloosh is in Illinois...I am going with no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back