Hiboost Turbo does 343.99 whp/358.91 Torque @ 22 psi

anarchistchiken said:
22 PSI. Says it in the title of the thread kenneth.

sorry i am apparantly blind. where is that brake kit review you promised me, miller? :D

drumsbeloud said:
holy crap! nice work, but we need VIDEOS!!!! :D

I have 2 pictures of the car at the dyno today. My digital camera only has a 3 minutes of recording time on it. We did multiply runs (maybe about 10, was at the dyno for 4hrs) and when I didn't see 280 whp on pump gas, I got frustrated that I was going to pay $100 to get the same 250 whp + I had gotten on previous dyno, so I stOp trying to record the runs. The video I took initially captured me walking by the car not the computer screen. I have a picture of the screen when the dyno was about to start.

Wow, that's impressive! What were the differences between the 280 whp run and those two runs that you posted? Did you just start off at a much lower PSI? 100 hp is a huge difference!

Also, that sucker is really lean. Mind filling us in on the setup? I'm curious how you are running so lean at that kind of PSI level without popping the engine.

Nice to see those kind of numbers on a 3rd gen.

Spooled said:
Wow, that's impressive! What were the differences between the 280 whp run and those two runs that you posted? Did you just start off at a much lower PSI? 100 hp is a huge difference!

Also, that sucker is really lean. Mind filling us in on the setup? I'm curious how you are running so lean at that kind of PSI level without popping the engine.

Nice to see those kind of numbers on a 3rd gen.

We sarted off at 15 psi and made 258 whp then increased the fuel but the whp went down. We then turned up the boost to 17 psi and got 272 whp. We raised the fuel at this psi but again the whp went down. We saw 343 when we used race gas and didn't changed the fuel from the 272whp run. Yeah it is runnung very lean but we believe the wideband sensor on the dyno that records the air/fuel ratio is taking a long time to get the reading from the car

fixedspicylsd said:
on 450cc injectors??

have you done any work to the cylinder head?

yes 450 cc injectors but a 255 LPH Walboro Fuel Pump. Bigg Tim, the pulls were down in 3rd gear.

Superprotege said:
yes 450 cc injectors but a 255 LPH Walboro Fuel Pump. Bigg Tim, the pulls were down in 3rd gear.

So is there an equation to convert it to SAE? Most numbers are posted in SAE, STD shows a higher number and SAE is what peopleuse the most to give a more "accurate" comparison. Good numbers either way, SAE can't be too less.

something isn't right with those numbers. if you're making 350hp why are you only trapping 108mph??? should be more like 115+. I've seen a stock evo mr with 260whp trap 107mph.

03MzdSpdSTP said:
something isn't right with those numbers. if you're making 350hp why are you only trapping 108mph??? should be more like 115+. I've seen a stock evo mr with 260whp trap 107mph.

We explained this in another thread. The clutch was slipping in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear, so he had to let off the throttle in every gear. This makes a huge difference and at least 1 second slower. That is why I say that this car will be in the very low 12s very soon. It's got the potential to do it. He did a couple of 1.8 sec 60 foot, so the car is doing it right. He will get his new clutch this week and try to make it again to the track next wednesday.

Back