HiBoost Install-Part I

Between this post and Juan's (HiBoost) Dyno post, I'm going crazy, drooling all over my screen...:eek: (yes) (bow) (2thumbs) (rockon) (bowdown)

The HiBoost turbo and a LSD are DEFINETELY my objectives in life!!!

Congrats Piraa, and thanks for the images, keep'em coming, and make a neat how-to in your web site...:D

Later,
Andrs.:p

now your just teasing me. LoL.. very nice.. love the do it yourself install pics too..

Lookin real good. Your mani and downpipe look nice, hi-boost should offer them like that.

Pirana,
you have the auto right?
If so, are you using an auxillary tranny cooler?
Again, if so... where are you mounting it and what type are you using?

Thanks.

8 hrs if you know what you are doing. Beginners after bloody fingers screaming and shouting most likely 2 days.

Thanks guys, I take a lot of pride in what I do. Its really not that hard. The weirdest tool you will need is the tap for the coolant sensor. A casual mechanic in a hurry to race will take approx. 2 days of labor (not actually 24hr/day) but 8 hours on and off. The hole saws are also weird sizes (big) but available anywhere (Home Depot). Its awesome, and I recomend that if you think you can, then do it yourself. You will learn a lot about the turbo and your car. I'am actually waiting for Juan, so we can discuss his new set-up for mine. And yes its an auto. No cooler for now, when recoop $ then I will add one. Maybe next month or so.

Very nice pics man. I wish I would have come to watch the install. I had enough fun installing my intake, and its looking nice, not as nice as your turbo though. ;) ;)

Man i love your p5. the only thing i got against you is the SAS sub toobs! i though it was a light blue nos botle but clicked on the thumb and it was 2 sas subs.. shame! and why the nos pressure gauge in the dash if you have no nos? gotta love alpine though ;)

Well right now there is no stereo, just factory. I had the Bazookas as a quick fix for the shows. THey are all gone. The alpine is gone and the NO2 gauge was going to be use for a real system since I wasnt going turbo. But now the NO2 gauge will be use for the NX N-tercooler set up.

wow...this is my first post on your boards...it seems that you have the same engine that i do.....I have a turbocharged Probe 2.0 with the FS engine in it.....in currently boosting 9psi for over 1.5yrs......its mind numbing how you guys get the peformance out of our engines! (the prob guys are slow learners)..im prolly around the 200hp mark...no dyno yet...building another engine...but im definately goin to keep an eye out for new things to do.....right now i have a Turbonetics T3 60trim, 30inch FMIC, 2.5" ic pipe to the IC, and 3 from the IC....HKS BOV....walbro 190lph fuel pump, 440cc injectors out of a 87-92 supra turbo, and an APEXi SAFC to controll them.....im really diggin these setups guys!

right now there are about 4 boosted probes and most of them can be found on probetalk.com....heh give s some pionters...i mean thats what family does!

to keep on topic...those coatings look beautiful, and the setup is a masterpiece of its own!

It could be a couple of months, no $.

THat Probe looks to be cool. Any pics?

Back