HiBoost Dynoed @ 14 PSI

Kooldino said:
I don't see why it couldn't be an STi killa on the drag strip.

I agree. I can see this beating an STi (it only makes 300hp and the crank). An STi dynos at 250+whp

Last edited:
This is the lowest dyno I found for the STi. 218hp by Vinshu Tuning:wtf: Maybe the got a bad STi, but mostly all dynos that I saw for the STi were between 250hp-260hp.

i agree 218 is pretty low for a 300 crank hp car, but it is also awd so there is more d/t loss

I'm gonna be the 1st to call :bs:...even with all the evidence looking me right in the face! Now that that is outta the way, Holly phucking s***!!! WAY TO GO Juan and crew! (wow) Nice numbers! (thumb)

(lol) dude you gotta change your avatar, i cant even reply to the posts that thing makes me laugh so hard!

Linx, that is the difference between great tuning, and slapping on a turbo kit and FMU. Remember, he is running a haltech stand alone, bigger injectors, and tuned on a safe dyno to get those numbers.

I doubt that it could run constantly at 14lbs constantly, it would eventually reach the point of stress cracks, and thus blow up., but it is GREAT numbers. :D Now go bullet proof and see what you get at 2 bar boost baby. :D

boostisgood said:
Linx, that is the difference between great tuning, and slapping on a turbo kit and FMU. Remember, he is running a haltech stand alone, bigger injectors, and tuned on a safe dyno to get those numbers.

I doubt that it could run constantly at 14lbs constantly, it would eventually reach the point of stress cracks, and thus blow up., but it is GREAT numbers. :D Now go bullet proof and see what you get at 2 bar boost baby. :D

Wasn't he on race gas also, its safer to run higher boost on 100 octane, I think Juan said he was running 100.

Nice numbers guys.

Juan ( Hiboost turbo) brought by his bad ass protege5 down to our shop, and we were all impressed, he also let us take the car out for a spin. Very nice set up that was very well tuned, no stumbles or hicups through out the entire powerband.. I would love to see some 1/4 mile times with some slicks and the boost turned up..Way to go Juan.

Chris, It was good meeting you guys in Ramona. Thank you for your time. We loved the drive between Escondido and Ramona. Great road for a Turbo P5. We really enjoyed it.

Juan

i might have to get me a haltech. Great #'s.

would you get denotation if you use 94 octane??

paulmp3 said:
i might have to get me a haltech. Great #'s.

would you get denotation if you use 94 octane??

With 94 octane I would say you can run 10 to 11 Psi. That should give around 230 WHP on our setup.

GREAT numbers....but I'm not sure how you can "this motor can handle this much power" after such a short time at such power levels... ;) Keep it up for a year, and I'd agree... :D

Nice numbers, once again!

redrims said:
He has A LOT more than that. A stock R6 has 250hp and a R1 as just over 300hp.

I want one too...SOOOOOO BAD!

You should research the bikes you claim to want soooooo badly.

A stock R6 puts about 100hp to the rear wheel...a stock R1 about 140.

(shrug).

boostisgood said:

Trust me, I know.....Remember, I am fixing to get some tuning really soon, and then it's on to higher boost! I already have forged internals.

I was going to say something about that too Darin. Wasn't the older Gixer's the fastest production bikes pruduced? They had like 160 HP didn't they. but yeah, there's no way to get 300 hp out of a 600 cc motor.

But 160 hp to one wheel that only push's 500 lbs of bike, makes for a pretty quick machine.

Darin said:
You should research the bikes you claim to want soooooo badly.

A stock R6 puts about 100hp to the rear wheel...a stock R1 about 140.

(shrug).

Maybe I'm wrong and misunderstood it, but this is what I got from the yamaha.com site. If I'm mis-interpreting, please clearify for me.

"The ultra-compact, lightweight, 600cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled in-line four-cylinder engine puts out over 200 horsepower per liter. The engine retains its long-stroke dimensions for excellent midrange torque, but over 90% of its parts are stronger or lighter, including the new forged pistons and the new sleeveless cylinders.'

Last edited:
whoa...after searching I guess I was a tad off...lol I wonder where I got that. I thought I read it somewhere.:confused:

Back