2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD fuel economy

:
Mazda CX-9 GTAW
Hey everyone! Today I am starting a long experiment with fuel. I own a 2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD and I live in Canada (so CDN$ and Liters) I'm going to test 30 different fuels ranging from 87 octane to 94(Petro ultra) from 10 different stations. The purpose of this test is to decide ultimately which fuels provide the best Power gains and which provide the best fuel economy (distance per KM) my setup is completely factory stock and it used at 250,000km so the results will vary based on what you currently use.y CX-9 is also equipped with the 3.7L V.I.N.code V for those who are interested in the fine details. Anyhow today this test will begin starting with Petro Canada 87 Octane. 15 L will be the magic number. And how I do this. I will run my car till the gas light comes on and put Petro 87 in the tank and let it run till the light comes on again then I will add 15L of Petro 87 again to ensure purity and set my trip odometer and drive till the light comes on over again to get an accurate reading. And I will repeat this process for each different fuel. The purpose of this test is that I have alot of free time. And I'd like to figure out once and fo all who has the best gas at what grade. With proven tested results.

Hope everyone enjoys I will post every chance I get to keep this as accurate as possible. Thank you to all those who enjoy the post and happy gas hunting!

I forgot to mention that I will be using and OBD II adapter Infocar/torque pro to monitor my fuel stats going to run both programs simultaneously and provide averages for performance gains(HP/TQ)
fuel economy(City for now may re run tests on highway after the next oil change to be as in biased as possible.) This is being done on a 3.7L V6 vin code V just a reminder.

Latest posts

Back